April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Some pics of my 4 week old chicks from the March hatch-a-long.

Attachments

• E55D3FBF-F13F-4214-9846-05A65FA550E0.jpeg
    E55D3FBF-F13F-4214-9846-05A65FA550E0.jpeg
    718.1 KB · Views: 2
  • BC33A679-1941-4485-A349-224A4E1E670B.jpeg
    BC33A679-1941-4485-A349-224A4E1E670B.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 2
I know how important fresh air flow is during the hatching process as well as higher humidity. I’m using a Farm Innovators 4250 because I had a lot of extra eggs. With all the water channels full and both red plugs out, I’m able to maintain about 60% humidity. Is that enough? I can plug one hole and get to about 64%. Or open both plugs and put in a small bowl with a soppy wet paper towel?
Open both. You can use a paper towel but it would dry out quick. I would use a sponge or dishrag if you can. Just make sure it isn’t touching the eggs.

fr.PNG

From the top-f- SFH, M-Maran, M-Mosaic- hers are green which I like.W- BLRW, below-SS- Silver spitz, and GS-golden spits, po- pavlovskaya?, Br- quail brarbanconne- a chicken, and IS- Isbars.
I just bought a new incubator-
gfc.PNG

Currently the eggs are in a still egg incubator, which I was going to dry hatch. My hydrometeor say 50% which is fine for the first 18 days. I am getting the heat up in this one though and since it has a fan, IDK if dry hatch will work in it. Any pointers? Please just people who know.

Also bought 3 new chicks to go with the 3 I hatched on the 10th...Below SLW "Sylvia"
geee.PNG

GLW "Golda"
geed.PNG

Buckeye, because I wanted a red chick but not a RIR "Becky"
geec.PNG

Below is one chick I hatched from green egg (healthfood store egg.) "Grenada"
gee.PNG

Below are 2 chicks I hatched from health food store eggs, tan ones..."Tribecca"
geea.PNG

"Tilly"

geeb.PNG

View attachment 2620538
From the top-f- SFH, M-Maran, M-Mosaic- hers are green which I like.W- BLRW, below-SS- Silver spitz, and GS-golden spits, po- pavlovskaya?, Br- quail brarbanconne- a chicken, and IS- Isbars.
I just bought a new incubator- View attachment 2620565
Currently the eggs are in a still egg incubator, which I was going to dry hatch. My hydrometeor say 50% which is fine for the first 18 days. I am getting the heat up in this one though and since it has a fan, IDK if dry hatch will work in it. Any pointers? Please just people who know.
I do dry hatch with a incubator that has a fan, it is very similar to that design you have basically almost identical. I keep my humidity low though, I never go past 40%. When I get my first external pips it increases by itself.

I tried using water my first hatch and it was a wreck. Someone told me to do opposite of what I did and it worked.

I will say that it doesn’t work for everyone.

Checked quail eggs pulled out the infertile ones. There was a lot unfortunately.

My 2 quail eggs that are about to hatch look great. They’re in position to internally pip!

I have only pulled 1 chicken egg, it was from my gold laced polish. She’s picky who she breeds with.

All the bantam polish deathlayer x bantam cochin eggs are fertile!!! I’m excited to see what they will look like! I’m hoping big & fluffy with top hats!

Back
Top Bottom