April 2022 hatch-a-long (non-Easter, and Easter welcome)

Pics
My roos are 5 months...my girls are too but they haven't begun layin yet.
One girl is letting the roo mate...and based on how my past pullets have done she does act like she is going to be layin soon.
She wouldn't let him if she wasn't right?
I know mine started trying to mate with the girls a couple weeks before they started laying. So I would guess she is going to start laying soon. But I only have my one group to go off of.

First April hatch was a success. Set 6 goose eggs and two duck eggs. Pulled one duck, one goose around day 10 and the rest all hatched! Not bad for my cheap generic incubator!

Chicken eggs are on day 10. 2 appear to be non starters but the rest look good.

8F21C2B5-0600-40C9-9DCF-5A1618BC7D0B.jpeg

I’ve got chicks hatched in there in my cabinet! but, I should have thought to take down the huge thermometer that blocks the whole window. I can barely see 🤨 still… I’m happy they’re
hatching. For some reason first time hatching in a new incubator I was skeptical that it would really work. I know that’s silly because I can monitor that it’s the correct temp, & humidity and that’s what makes something hatch but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Still seems like magic for it to actually work.
image.jpg
Why didn’t I take this down????? There’s some chicks in there but you’ll have to take my word for it 😂

We’ve got babies! Woke up to three having hatched at 19.5 days. Four more to go but I had to leave for work😕 Hopefully we’ll have a nurturing momma and not a homicidal one😬😀 All are currently in the main coop and exposed to all other chicks. Nervous but hopefully they’ll all be alright until I get home.

Attachments

• 59FBFFCC-C5C2-45D5-8E1E-102AE7E7791A.jpeg
    59FBFFCC-C5C2-45D5-8E1E-102AE7E7791A.jpeg
    531.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 6C73D7BC-080D-47A6-854A-29F392CA2D2C.jpeg
    6C73D7BC-080D-47A6-854A-29F392CA2D2C.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 3
We’ve got babies! Woke up to three having hatched at 19.5 days. Four more to go but I had to leave for work😕 Hopefully we’ll have a nurturing momma and not a homicidal one😬😀 All are currently in the main coop and exposed to all other chicks. Nervous but hopefully they’ll all be alright until I get home.
So cute! Fingers crossed you have a good momma!

Congratulations! Can’t wait for an update when you get back later!

My shipped eggs are on day 12. I pulled 2 that never started, one more I'm watching and pretty sure it will get pulled at next candle. There is one that I just can't see through (it's an olive egger but the shell is almost like a dark army green). My husband is distracted by the duckling and goslings in the brooder and still hasn't noticed that I have two incubators running in the basement...

Back
Top Bottom