April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I've just had a first pip! These guys are not waiting. I'm super happy that at least someone is alive in there. I just got confirmation that my next batch of eggs is shipping in the next few days, so we will be swapping from splash marans hatch to black copper marans by middle of next week :)
I've learned not to expect great hatch rates on shipped eggs, but crossing my fingers.

I just finished hatching 6 from the store, but local farm
auhf.PNG

I got another doz same store different farm, and a few of my eggs just set, (IDK if mine are fertile) The tan one is from mine and a double yolk-er.
auhh.PNG

Below is the tan one- (it photo-ed lighter.)
auhi.PNG

If the tan one is fertile, I know it may not hatch.

Wow, that's interesting!

I wonder how different they are from the ones here. Are yours good at flying? I had read that they aren't great flyers but my hens can fly up from the ground onto a 2m tall pergola. Not so much the cockerels but still, I guess you can't go by what you read about what a breed should or shouldn't be like.
Mine are good flyers! They like to fly up onto if the garage roof.

I just finished hatching 6 from the store, but local farm
View attachment 3449214
I got another doz same store different farm, and a few of my eggs just set, (IDK if mine are fertile) The tan one is from mine and a double yolk-er.
View attachment 3449215
Below is the tan one- (it photo-ed lighter.)
View attachment 3449216
If the tan one is fertile, I know it may not hatch.
I had a dream I hatched two chicks out of a double yolk egg. It was really cute seeing deam chicken twins 😀

Did you try pointing the larger ones out instead of in? If it's all good now, hopefully it will stay that way. I remember thinking mine was ok several times and then a day later I'd have to swap another stuck one. I think I spent the whole incubation moving eggs around and fussing over where was the best place for each one so they'd all turn. Not what you would expect to have to do after buying such a high priced machine! I hope it goes better than that for you.
Thanks! Yes, following everyone’s advice I put all eggs small side out. I hope everything works out too…

Back
Top Bottom