Announcement April Fools' 2019 - BYC Now Fully Self-Moderated

Pics
Since I’m late to the fight, do I get in for free?

I don’t think it’s even started yet, has it?

Ralphie, Cyprus, get in here. The fight needs to start soon lol

Ahhh blasphemy! Everybody knows Garth Brooks!

Couldn’t see the name, didn’t realize it was him. Heard of him but never listened to any of his stuff I don’t think ha

The Flynn effect.

Yeah but idk what that is lol off to Google.

I think I learned about that or at least the crystallized intelligence bit but either they never told us the name of it or we never learned the whole/actual concept, just a word lol

Exactly!!! I’m 25 and I still listen to it. He is extremely talented. Not like we’re listening to Kidz Bop :lau which, btw, do NOT listen to the Kidz Bop version of that song. They totally butchered it. :hit but anyway, I think both his talent and the fact that he’s still making music make him relevant and appeal to a lot of people. Cause we all loved him when we were kids/teens and he’s still making music so I feel like we still follow him and then now he makes more poppy stuff/appeals to current teens, and he does have a lot of teen/young fans so I guess in a way it could be “teenager music” but I don’t really like that label because it implies something negative or like boy bands or something when Brendon is extremely talented. Plus I never really like to label anything anyways. I like what I like. And yes I like some boy bands too. I listen to just about everything lol but I feel like when some people here oh it’s teenage music or oh it’s boy band or pop or whatever, it puts a lot of people off from even trying it, and they make good music so I’d hate that.

Oh man, when I was very wee (read, preteen or younger) I used to listen to Radio Disney and they played that Kidz Bop stuff. I never understood why my sister found it cringey but I sure do now!

And speaking of talent from the mid-2000's coming back, have you heard Gerard Way's new stuff? Cause holy cow he has this new single out that just screams Jethro Tull to me and it's amazing. I like it so much more than the things MCR produced, which were pretty OK.

Back
Top Bottom