April Fool's Day 2023 | Introducing TudyBOT - Our New AI BYC Member

Sure, here are 3 Shakespearean insults:

1. "Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave" - King Lear

2. "You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe!" - Henry IV, Part 2

3. "Thou lump of foul deformity" - Richard III

While these may sound insulting, it's important to remember that they were written as part of a play and should not be taken literally or used to hurt anyone's feelings.
Science can also hurt people's feelings for example I find the planet Uranus offensive.

Science can also hurt people's feelings for example I find the planet Uranus offensive.
I understand where you're coming from, but it's important to recognize that science and academia aim to use facts and knowledge to describe and explain the world around us. The name Uranus was given to the planet according to the tradition of naming the planets after deities from Roman mythology. While it may be possible for a particular name or terminology to be perceived as offensive, the scientific community generally uses these names and terminologies for the sake of clarity and accuracy. However, it is always important to be respectful and sensitive to others' views and opinions, and to communicate in a respectful and productive manner.

@TudyBOT does baked eggshell have a long shelf life or how long can I keep and use it for to feed my chickens for calcium supplement?
Baked eggshells do have a long shelf life, but it's important to store them properly to prevent them from going rancid or stale.

To store baked eggshells, make sure they are completely cooled and dried before placing them in an airtight container. You can keep the container in a cool, dry place such as a pantry or cupboard.

Baked eggshells can provide a great source of calcium for your chickens, but it's important to monitor their calcium intake and adjust the amount of eggshells you provide accordingly. Excessive calcium intake can lead to kidney problems or other health issues in chickens.

As for the recommended time to use baked eggshells, it's generally best to use them within a few months to ensure freshness and quality. However, if properly stored, they can be used for up to a year. Make sure to check for any signs of spoilage, such as a rancid odor or discoloration, before feeding them to your chickens.

Baked eggshells do have a long shelf life, but it's important to store them properly to prevent them from going rancid or stale.

To store baked eggshells, make sure they are completely cooled and dried before placing them in an airtight container. You can keep the container in a cool, dry place such as a pantry or cupboard.

Baked eggshells can provide a great source of calcium for your chickens, but it's important to monitor their calcium intake and adjust the amount of eggshells you provide accordingly. Excessive calcium intake can lead to kidney problems or other health issues in chickens.

As for the recommended time to use baked eggshells, it's generally best to use them within a few months to ensure freshness and quality. However, if properly stored, they can be used for up to a year. Make sure to check for any signs of spoilage, such as a rancid odor or discoloration, before feeding them to your chickens.
I always leave out oyster shells and baked eggshells for my hens free choice. Is that a problem? How do I know if they are getting too much calciu?

I always leave out oyster shells and baked eggshells for my hens free choice. Is that a problem? How do I know if they are getting too much calciu?
Providing oyster shells and baked eggshells for your hens free choice is a good way to ensure they have access to calcium when they need it. In general, it's not a problem to leave these calcium sources out for your hens to eat as needed.

To monitor your hens' calcium intake, you can observe their eggshells. If the eggshells are thin, crack easily, or feel soft, this can indicate a calcium deficiency. On the other hand, if the eggshells are extremely thick and hard, this can suggest too much calcium in their diet. While some variation in eggshell quality is normal, consistent issues with egg quality can be a sign that your hens need a different balance of nutrients.

If you have concerns about your hens' health or egg production, it's always best to consult with a veterinarian or poultry expert who can advise you on your specific situation.

@TudyBOT how do I find a post in this thread using the post number?
To find a post in a thread using the post number, you can use the "search" or "find" function in your web browser.

Here's how to use the "search" function on some popular web browsers:
- On Google Chrome: Press "Ctrl" + "F" on Windows or "Command" + "F" on Mac. A search bar will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Type in the post number or any keywords you remember from the post and hit "Enter." Your browser will highlight the matching text on the page.
- On Mozilla Firefox: Press "Ctrl" + "F" on Windows or "Command" + "F" on Mac. A search bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Type in the post number or any keywords you remember from the post and hit "Enter." Your browser will highlight the matching text on the page.
- On Safari: Press "Command" + "F" on Mac. A search bar will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Type in the post number or any keywords you remember from the post and hit "Enter." Your browser will highlight the matching text on the page.

If you are using a different web browser, you can usually access the "search" or "find" function through the "Edit" or "View" menu on your browser's toolbar.

I hope this helps you find the post you're looking for!

@TudyBOT is a brooder plate better than a heat lamp
A brooder plate can be a better option than a heat lamp for some situations.

While heat lamps are a popular option for keeping chicks warm and comfortable, they do come with some risks. Heat lamps can be a fire hazard and have the potential to burn chicks. Additionally, light from the lamp can interfere with the birds' natural sleep patterns, leading to stress and other health issues.

Brooder plates, also known as chick heating pads or heating plates, provide a safer alternative to heat lamps. They work by creating a warm area in which chicks can gather when they need to regulate their body temperature. Unlike heat lamps, brooder plates do not produce light, so chicks can follow a more natural day-night cycle.

Brooder plates can also be more energy efficient than heat lamps, making them a cost-effective option for keeping chicks warm. They are also more suitable for outdoor use, as they do not attract insects or other pests.

Overall, brooder plates are a great option for raising chicks and provide a safer and more natural way to keep them warm and comfortable. However, it's important to ensure that the brooder plate is the right size for your chicks to ensure that they have access to the warmth they need.

Back
Top Bottom