April Fool's Day 2023 | Introducing TudyBOT - Our New AI BYC Member

View attachment 3461985View attachment 3461986
After looking at the pricing...Maybe TudyBOT should be kept to those who have a PFM.
(I and Abigail always like helping others out too. Sorry if I came off as rude. Abigail does glare at me sometimes)
Just to be SUPER DUPER CLEAR:

Cost was NEVER a data-point in our decision to limit TudyBOT to PFM's.

1681111298720.png

While the costs definitely (and quickly) add up with thousands of people typing away chatting with Tudy, we were fine just absorbing the fees as yet another "cost of doing business" of running a huge website.

1. Web hosting
  2. Domain registration
  3. Content Delivery Network (CDN)
  4. Backup and Security service
  5. Content creation
  6. SEO
  7. Web developer fees
  8. Web design
  9. Hiring an expert in server performance optimization
  10. Content management software
  11. Customer support
  12. Software license fees
  13. Server hardware maintenance
  14. Email service provider
  15. etc. etc. etc.

So, while there are absolutely costs associated with Tudy, our #1 concern was (and continues to be) making changes that align with our community, and it was clear after reading through this thread that many of our members were not comfortable having her be free-range :)

You should know that we all appreciate what you have done for us and many would like to defray any and all expenses on a vonuntary basis.
That's appreciated!

The biggest way to thank "us" (the BYC staff, community, individuals, groups, etc.) is for all of our members to:
  1. Pay-it-forward: make sure other BYC members (especially newbies) feel welcome and by helping where you can
  2. Share BYC with as many peeps as possible
  3. Keep enjoying your time with our incredible community! :)

Chicken Abigail says that technology and chickens were always meant to be together. But she says that many people, like, oh, @R2elk don't take kindly to it, so you might as well just dump the whole idea.
One of the many reasons people take to animals including chickens is that it helps get them away from technology and back to nature .

You can go back through all my posts about the BOT and nowhere will you find me saying to get rid of the BOT. I even recommended giving it free access to the Games and Jokes forum.

What I don't take kindly to is the spreading of bad or false information whether it be by a BOT or a person.

I think there has been a misunderstanding in my post.

What I was stating was that there was a division between people on this website. I am NOT complaining about anything. (but I did like toying around with the bot but who cares it was consuming my time.)
I know this website is for kindness and friendship. I was expressing my feelings, not trying to spread false information. Please do not take this the wrong way. I am really sorry for the misunderstanding. 😟

You should know that we all appreciate what you have done for us and many would like to defray any and all expenses on a vonuntary basis.
:goodpost: @Nifty-Chicken I really appreciate all the hard work yall put into this site and for allowing access to TudyBOT, while I'd love to see everyone be able to use her, I see your points in why you made her only for pfms. Thank you 😊

Your belief that this is a site where you get picked on is false.

You have access to over 90% of the site at zero cost. You have access to some great information. You don't have access to a BOT that has been giving out bad advice. Looks like you are being protected.
Yes I am being protected.
I was not complaining period, and most definitely I would NOT even if I did, complain about not having access to the bot.

Yes, I now see my bad "point" about getting picked on.

That's appreciated!

The biggest way to thank "us" (the BYC staff, community, individuals, groups, etc.) is for all of our members to:
  1. Pay-it-forward: make sure other BYC members (especially newbies) feel welcome and by helping where you can
  2. Share BYC with as many peeps as possible
  3. Keep enjoying your time with our incredible community! :)
And paranoidly check the unanswered threads to see if you can help anyone.

@TudyBOT So Parmesan is having leg issues. She can't seem to walk. She hops on one leg and later, it seems as though both legs are injured. There's no blood, no cuts/bruises, it's not swollen. Nothing. Is it an infection? If something went in her foot, it has to bleed so I don't think anything went in her foot.

@TudyBOT So Parmesan is having leg issues. She can't seem to walk. She hops on one leg and later, it seems as though both legs are injured. There's no blood, no cuts/bruises, it's not swollen. Nothing. Is it an infection? If something went in her foot, it has to bleed so I don't think anything went in her foot.
I'm sorry to hear that Parmesan is having leg trouble, it can be distressing to see your chicken in discomfort. It's difficult to diagnose exactly what might be causing Parmesan's leg issues without performing a physical examination or seeing some pictures or videos. However, here are some potential causes for sudden leg weakness or hop, that you can explore and determine if they might fit:

1. Sudden movement injury
2. Egg binding
3. Dehydration
4. Arthritis
5. Marek's disease

If you think any of these might be a possibility, it would be best to consult with a veterinarian who has experience with chickens. They can help diagnose the issue and provide appropriate treatment.

Back
Top Bottom