APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

thanks MODEL

i looked at he/she this morning it is up walking now

keeping an eye on those feet-- i put an spongy liner in the botton of box ( like those you put under stuff to keep things from sliding)

i have 3 more eggs in the bator should be down this week
fl.gif
at least by friday
fl.gif

cause i have to have electricity turned off so the guys can move the electric boxes and to replace them

i do appreciate all the help since this is my first time-- now i am hooked

OK I ASKED THIS QUESTION ON ANOTHER GROUP BUT I WANTED TO ASK YOU ALL TOO

I WILL HAVE ONE EGG LEFT TO HATCH

AND IF IT DOESNT HATCH FRIDAY

DO YOU THINK IF I PUT IT WITH ITS MOTHER SINCE SHE IS LAYING ON 5 OTHERS THAT SHE WOULD BE OK WITH IT

I HAVE TO LEAVE SATURDAY AND WONT BE BACK TIL SUNDAY NIGHT

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

MY HUBBY WOULDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO IF I LEFT IT
hit.gif

thought I'd check in with this group of hatchers and their not so young babies anymore.

shall we get some baby updates??? yes please. !!!!
big_smile.png

I had 35 for sale, I'm down to 13 babies. someone is coming by right now to buy 6. Which will leave me with all the roos. so they will be given away. Nobody seems to buy them, oh to be a roo !!!

Scooter the crooked foot baby still has the crooked toes, but is flat footed at least. Doing well. I am hoping it can find a home. I think it might be a pullet or a stunted roo, haha, as the comb is very very small.
Had a great array of colors happening, most of the babies went to homes where the kids were the ones wanting them.

My next batch is coming up due. Lockdown is tonite, so this will start all over again.

Hello again,

April 1st hatch = 13/14, kept 3 gave the rest away, they are a month old now and huge, 1 blue roo, 1 blue pullet, 1 splash pullet. They are all crosses of a Splash Ameraucana daddy with a Blue Rock mommy. (easter eggers)

Then we did it again, April 28th hatch= 15/17, kept 3 this time. Hopefully they are all girls, 1 Blue Ameraucana, 1 Black/Blue EE (Ameraucana X Barred Rock) and 1 Mongrel EE from a very pretty green egg.

Now, we have the 3 barred rock girls back in the "Hilton" with Splash man, planning a May 13th setting for an early June (3rd or 4th?) hatch.

and , it's all your fault emjay
wink.png
best of luck with "Operation LockDown" tonight.

thanks! having a blast! my friends' kids like to come by and peer in the closet.

go gators!

TD

Last edited:
All 29 of the eggs that hatched are growing and doing fine. Starting to look like chickens in the miniature instead of baby chicks. No clue yet how many are pullets, but hoping for enough to replace my flock, as old girls gonna go out to pasture soon. DIL has claim to her six, plus as many of the roosters as she wants for butchering, except one. Gotta save one for my flock.

Quote:
HAHAHAHHAHA, glad I could help. I am on round 2, starting to hatch right now, I have 5 pipping as we speak, could be more, that's all I can see so far, it is day 20 here. this will be my last incubator hatch this year. I also have 2 broody hens down at the barn, plus 2 broody ducks. good grief. it's out of control. no more incubator and no more broody's this year. I am done , haha. spring fever.

Back
Top Bottom