Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
i have gotten home with my eggs from the post office and pre soaked them this time in ascorbic acid, i am setting them double stacked in the same table top incubator as the ones for the easter HAL. there are 12 sizzles from mail, 14 millie fleur leghorns from mail and the rest (27) from my own d'uccle stock. this will be my first time in many years to hatch LF, i expect them to stick more to shcedule unlike my banties that arrive early. the mailed ones are double stacked on top the older ones and my banties in the turner-i will not turn them for a day and then they will rotate into the turner slots. so aside from the ??? i have for the easter HAL, i have 53 added.-and WOW did the temperature drop in there when they got added!!

lockdown tonight>>> candled and threw out obvious quitters, two have reduced veining-not sure if they are quitting so kept them in. so out of 12 mailed sizzles, 7 made it to lockdown, out of 14 mailed mille fleur leghorns, 5 made it to lockdown and out of 27 d'uccles (home grown) 10 made it to lockdown. these started in my table top and went through several temp issues but were moved to a cabinet (new) about midway.

We're running about 8-9 hours behind on hatching due to a power outage on Thursday night into Friday Morning.(it was at least 4 hours before I decided it was dark any way and I went to bed)
it seemed in that time with our styro little giant incubators wrapped in a couple towels around the tops and egdes they lost very little heat. (It could be due to the fact we have some of the glass floral stones in the bottom under the floor mesh)

But anyway we've started with our first pip, it's in one of our Sex Link eggs from our first roosters little trio. So It finally starts. My humidity had spiked yesterday to about 78% but this a.m. it's back down to about 70%
I hope this is ok because I've not kept track of the humidity very closely before, Just added water in a chanel thru a vent hole when I noticed it low.

We'll check in thru the day,
263a.png

I would like to join :) ,
I have two hatches, 11 chicken eggs and 1 duck egg, to hatch in the 22nd, and 5 embden goose eggs to hatch on the 30th :)

So cute!! I love their little black vests! What breed are they?
They are white crested black polish. I raised my first flock last year, and this is my first year hatching them. Selling like hot cakes. Oddly enough, I got beautiful birds from Murray McMurray. I kept the best rooster, and first generation is already improved

I cannot stop adding eggs to my bators!
Another thread, I know, lol.
I polled in at 21-25 eggs for A.H.A.L.

Need to double that to 50, please!

So, 25-15=10 hatched
(horribly handled, thanks USPS!)

10+21=31
(21 are mine)

31+12=33

33+6=39

25+28=53, right?

Here is my extra-credit answer for back-up...

Did I pass my Chicken Math Pop Quiz?!?

I have 14 hatched and 17 to go. Started with 32 bought from a breeder then added 11 of my own eggs. 3 where clear 8 quite i believe due to temp spike. One i cracked when i was removing the turner (I tried to save it but it quite the next morning).

They are white crested black polish. I raised my first flock last year, and this is my first year hatching them. Selling like hot cakes. Oddly enough, I got beautiful birds from Murray McMurray. I kept the best rooster, and first generation is already improved
They are so cute. I would like to get some. I only wonder if my other chickens would pick on it for being different from them. I read some where that they would. Have you had any issues with that?

Back
Top Bottom