Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Next hatch is running hot, 2 pips on lockdown day just before I removed the turner. Was not prepared! Good thing I had to stay home sick so I heard the peeping and got things switched and a sponge in to replace moisture lost from opening.

Wow, it's been a busy couple of days!! By 6 PM yesterday, five had hatched and three had pipped and zipped. At midnight the three zippers had not made any more progress, so I went to bed for some much needed sleep. Up at 5 today, two more had pipped, zipped, and hatched... but the other three zippers were still just sitting there. So I transferred the dry fuzzies to the brooder then grabbed the oldest pipper and decided to "assist" with the hatch. It started peeping, so I cracked a shell bridge that separated the two halves of the zip and the chick started squirming. I peeled away a bit more shell and put it back. It finished hatching and I did the same with the other two zippers... they also finished hatching.

So now I have five fuzzies in the brooder and five fresh ones drying in the incubator. That leaves two eggs that haven't done anything yet. I figured when the five fresh ones dry, I'll move them to the brooder and inspect the two remaining eggs and see what's happening.

Here's their first group photo... not too good with the red light but I'll be taking more later... :D

Good Luck :) hope they hatch for u !!

I am hatching cuckoo silkies as well, they look so cool, like a very very spotty dalmatian
Do you happen to have any pictures??
1f603.png
all the roosters where I got my eggs from are cuckoo so they should all have barring. The hens were lavender, black, red, and buff so I'm really excited to see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom