Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
When I had mine I cleaned it with a mild kitchen cleaner, with no bleach or harsh chemicals in it, but u can buy incubator disinfectants, I hear brinsea has a good one.

I was just searching for ways to clean the styros... most say Clorox, soft brush, and a day in the sun to dry. Antibacterial soap sounds like another good idea if you don't have bleach... just make sure it's something without a lingering scent.

Today my little poopers were introduced to pine shavings. Fear quickly turned to curiosity which led to a frenzy of scratching and pecking... those shavings were flying! Yesterday they discovered jumping and dashing... so cute running and jumping over each other. They grow up so quickly....

:jumpy

First time incubating! Our Buff Orpington Hens wouldn't sit through the night on their eggs, so now I'm doing the babysit he incubator.....We're at day 12 now with our Buff/Chocolate Orpington cross. I candled last night: of 24 eggs, 2 were infertile, 3 are dark with veins but couldn't tell if there was movement and 5 that were dark blobs. Dark blobs mean no babies? Not entirely sure. First time. 14 eggs had squirmy, wiggly little ones inside though! Hoorah!!! Looking forward to seeing the beautiful chicks.
Also, one of my hens decided she would start laying on eggs last night, any advice on whether I should place eggs under her to finish out the hatch or wait until they hatch, and slip them under her at night?

-Tiauna

Last edited:
I'd wait until they have hatched and then slip them under her if she got of once, she'll get of again!!

Last edited:
I found one of mine today flopping around on the floor looking like she was having some sort of fit. She'd gotten herself dug down into the shavings and was dust bathing in them. Crazy thing.

Today my little poopers were introduced to pine shavings. Fear quickly turned to curiosity which led to a frenzy of scratching and pecking... those shavings were flying! Yesterday they discovered jumping and dashing... so cute running and jumping over each other. They grow up so quickly....

:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom