• 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I sure hope so! I've hatched a lot of eggs but this is my first malpositioned
I had a batch where there were a few who did not hatch out of the air cell. I refused to help them out bc they were supposed to be the internal pip but went through the wall. So, their vessels had not retracted....About 12-28 hours later...out they came. A better experience that my first two. That's why I hold hope for them all~ If they pip through a vein that's just not good.

I had a batch where there were a few who did not hatch out of the air cell. I refused to help them out bc they were supposed to be the internal pip but went through the wall. So, their vessels had not retracted....About 12-28 hours later...out they came. A better experience that my first two. That's why I hold hope for them all~  If they pip through a vein that's just not good. 
I've read a lot about it but it's been awhile so while I wait I'm researching more just in case. These are cuckoo silkies which I've never seen in person so I'm really hoping all goes well. I think they're neat looking

I've read a lot about it but it's been awhile so while I wait I'm researching more just in case. These are cuckoo silkies which I've never seen in person so I'm really hoping all goes well. I think they're neat looking

Cuckoo silkies sound delightful! Good luck!

Reading about all of your pips is making me really look forward to our hatch day! I'm a ways out, today is day 9 for us! But it is so exciting!

Reading about all of your pips is making me really look forward to our hatch day! I'm a ways out, today is day 9 for us! But it is so exciting!
Love seeing the pictures as well.I am getting closer to my first hatching date.I am stagger hatching so will have chicks coming out my ears before I know it.

I love all the pictures! Can't wait for ours to pop out. Day 7 candling completed. 10/10 are developing and look great. The olive egg and marans aren't easy to see veins in but the "blobs" are wiggling around!

5 pips so far! None have made it out yet but I'm glued to the window!

Good Luck :) hope they hatch for u !!

I am hatching cuckoo silkies as well, they look so cool, like a very very spotty dalmatian

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom