Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Another hatched while I was browsing the forums
1f604.png

Lockdown tonight!! Two of the four remaining BBS orp eggs were rocking already. Is that normal? Hope my incubator wasn't running too hot. Can't wait to see that first pip!

The trick to not adding more eggs is to max out the incubator the first time :p

Now the trick to not adding more incubator space is another matter entirely.

Hatch update: Had two out overnight and my first splash of the year (took 27 chicks, none in the first hatch - surprised me). Two others in progress.

Any tips for de-stickying a sticky hatch? Looks like I have quite a few who will need washing so they can floof properly, wasn't sure if there was a better method than warm water bath plus gentle rub with a paper towel, then back in the incubator.

I almost always have a high humidity problem, so this is a first. Hatch is kicking it though, 6 dry and in brooder, 5 sticky but out, 2 sticky zippers (now with wet paper towels around them plus sponges for the rest).

Ten sleepy cheepy peepys in the brooder this morning! One pipped yesterday afternoon but got turned over, which must've sealed it back up... I opened it but it didn't make it. One still hasn't done anything, I can see a dark blob but no movement... I'll give another 10 or 12 hours then open it too.

I am really pleased with my ten happy and healthy little peepers out of a dozen fertile eggs... especially since it's my first try and I'm using a styro Hova-bator. I'm sure it helped that I threw out the thermometer that came with it and micro-managed the temps with a digital one.

Since I haven't had time to take more baby pics, here's one of the parent Golden Campines... papa Ru and mama B... after being told they made ten new fluffy butts yesterday!

Congrats to all the other hatches and good luck to those still waiting!

Ten sleepy cheepy peepys in the brooder this morning! One pipped yesterday afternoon but got turned over, which must've sealed it back up... I opened it but it didn't make it. One still hasn't done anything, I can see a dark blob but no movement... I'll give another 10 or 12 hours then open it too.

I am really pleased with my ten happy and healthy little peepers out of a dozen fertile eggs... especially since it's my first try and I'm using a styro Hova-bator. I'm sure it helped that I threw out the thermometer that came with it and micro-managed the temps with a digital one.

Since I haven't had time to take more baby pics, here's one of the parent Golden Campines... papa Ru and mama B... after being told they made ten new fluffy butts yesterday!

Congrats to all the other hatches and good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats! What a fantastic hatch result with a styro incubator, that's great! And the parents are so lovely
love.gif

My broody has 7/9 so far! She's teaching some how to eat while sitting on the last 2 eggs! Have seen 2 Iowa Blues, 2 Norwegian Jaerhons (1f, 1m), and 3 EE so far. Think there's 1 more EE and one more Jaer under there. Not bad for a first timer! And she's about 10 month old herself!

She's beating the pants off me! My hatches aren't going so well!!

Back
Top Bottom