APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

So far we have 7 out of the incubator and into the brooder. I have one that is struggling with his zip and 2 others that I can see pips on. 6 eggs left kind of just hanging out, but 3 I put in on day 1, so I'll wait a few more days. TODAY is officially day 21 for the first 13.

Last edited:
We went on lockdown Sunday night....babies due on the 17th! Very excited to have some new breeds: Barnvelders, Brown Leghorns, Chocolate Orp Bantams, and Dominiques :)

Tammy

We went on lockdown Sunday night....babies due on the 17th! Very excited to have some new breeds: Barnvelders, Brown Leghorns, Chocolate Orp Bantams, and Dominiques :)

Tammy

I love, love, LOVE Barnevelders! By far my favorite breed! I have 15 Barnie eggs in my hatcher due today. Four of them are Blue Barnevelders (not yet a recognized color) and the other 11 are regular double laced. This is my fourth hatch this year but the first time they have not pipped early...still waiting for the first pip or peep! I can't wait to hear how your hatch goes too!

DD

Is a degree in tempreture a matter of life and death?

I just got in from work and it was at 36.4 celcius (97.7 Fahrenheit). Will everything be okay? Stupid 20 year old incubator.

Last edited:
No, shouldn't be a problem with only 1 degree. I've had my incubator spike to 106 degrees F and they all hatched. I've also lost power and had the temp down to 82 degrees F by the time I got home and was able to fix the problem. Those all hatched as well. But, the higher the temps, they could hatch early... and vice versa, the lower the temps, they could hatch late.

Have a question-
Hatch day is going very well. My first to hatch was a little Black Amerucana. He is scrappy looking, perhaps because he looks like egg sac got dried on his haed and he has less than normal feathering on his back. Was this due to shrink wrap? I was VERY patient and did not assist any of my chicks, and they all seem to be doing fine, but I struggled badly with humidity.
The chick in question is behaving normal, has drank and ate and is walking well, he just has a "slicked down" look. Should I clean him up or just let it wear off? He is all dry.
BTW- 1st time incubated hatch and out of 17 eggs, 1 was not fertile, 3 are marans and all appear to be infertile. 9 have hatched, 2 still piped but working towards a zip and 5 wait and see. Today is day 21, 3 were put in a day late, so day 20 for them.

Back
Top Bottom