April Hatch Along

Pics
4 days until my quails are due to hatch....7 days until my chicks and too many days for my ducks...LOL!!! I NEED babies
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

rotflmbo, I don't need all of mine, so I will be starting to sell most of them from this coming hatch.

Lockdown is a long three days.
Ordered a smaller number of eggs for my next hatch. I've spent twice as much as I wanted to already this year. Thankfully one of the sellers is sending more after I've had to toss almost all of the eggs from her. The other seller reduced her costs as well so I can improve numbers of one breed.
So, budget blown I'll have to sell more than I expected to recover costs. Hopefully my only roo is doing his job and I can hatch a bunch of Easter Eggers next batch to sell.:rolleyes:

I went out to collect eggs yesterday and it looks like my buff Brahma bantam has gone broody. For some reason I never expected that of her! So, now I have three broodies waiting for babies - what great timing!

I'm hoping I get a decent number of Olive Eggers and full Marans, and not too many mutts lol.

First hatch ever, look in all cute and stuff
1f601.png

love.gif

Yes everyone, you guessed it. I started out with 16 eggs in my incubator, and now I am up to 30!
lau.gif

lau.gif
gotta love it.

I have to admit I have 4 incubators....2 are the same - Brinseas. On this new hatch, I want the humidity higher than my house runs, so I just took the cover off of the hatch that just finished and put it on the base with the new set of eggs. It already had the humidity pump plugged in, I just had to drop the humidity to 45%. Now I just have to clean the base on the other incubator.

My kitten has struck again and has eaten the tubing for the humidity pump, so the water was happily leaking on to the table, So, I didn't need to move the cover over...

Come to think of it, I never got the tubing I ordered. I need to make another call to Stromgbergs....or whereever it was that I ordered the tubing.

I swapped covers too, when the fan on #2 started sounding like it was about to crap out! I have a new one on order, should arrive any day. I had to pack some eggs in staggered, without the rails, just to fit them all!

Good luck with all your multiple shipments!
big_smile.png

4 days until my quails are due to hatch....7 days until my chicks and too many days for my ducks...LOL!!! I NEED babies
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Have you hatched quail before? They are so fun to watch zip!!! Quick little boogers!

Lockdown is a long three days.
Ordered a smaller number of eggs for my next hatch. I've spent twice as much as I wanted to already this year. Thankfully one of the sellers is sending more after I've had to toss almost all of the eggs from her. The other seller reduced her costs as well so I can improve numbers of one breed.
So, budget blown I'll have to sell more than I expected to recover costs. Hopefully my only roo is doing his job and I can hatch a bunch of Easter Eggers next batch to sell.
roll.png

Best of luck! Sorry you had to bust your budget, but hopefully it works out for the best!

I went out to collect eggs yesterday and it looks like my buff Brahma bantam has gone broody. For some reason I never expected that of her! So, now I have three broodies waiting for babies - what great timing!

I'm hoping I get a decent number of Olive Eggers and full Marans, and not too many mutts lol.

fl.gif

I thought for sure my furthest along cochin broody-buddies would have some chicks this morning, but I still don't see or hear any. And there was one egg that they weren't covering. I figured it had quit, and they sense it. But took it inside to candle, it was very cool to the touch, so I was sure it was dead, but to my surprise, its still moving. Only looks like about day 16-17 though, so I'm not sure what's up. Maybe the others aren't as far along as I originally thought. I hate to bother the girls this late, so I'm trying to just let them be.

Oh, and the yucky news -- I had a chocolate orpington broody break an egg yesterday with a tiny little jelly-bean sized embryo inside. I was trying to remove "new" eggs, which she usually lets me do without issue. I must have touched a spot she didn't like, and she jumped up, and accidentally smashed an egg. Caused quite the ruckus, but I got it all cleaned up, and gave her a couple extras to keep her happy.

I hang out here because it helps me feel quite sane. ROFL I only have ONE incubator running right now and it is full of duck eggs due to hatch May 6-8. LOL What's a girl to do with two empty incubators? Order eggs of course! :D I have Barnevelder, Speckled Sussex and Lavender Orps coming my way this week. These are EBay eggs and only coming one state or so away...we shall see! :) I figured I might win one auction and only half heartedly bid. I won all three! LOL

Needless to say...I will be watching shipping LIKE A HAWK and ready to RUN to the PO. :)

I hang out here because it helps me feel quite sane. ROFL I only have ONE incubator running right now and it is full of duck eggs due to hatch May 6-8. LOL What's a girl to do with two empty incubators? Order eggs of course!
big_smile.png
I have Barnevelder, Speckled Sussex and Lavender Orps coming my way this week. These are EBay eggs and only coming one state or so away...we shall see!
smile.png
I figured I might win one auction and only half heartedly bid. I won all three! LOL

Needless to say...I will be watching shipping LIKE A HAWK and ready to RUN to the PO.
smile.png

I have lav orps! I coulda sent you some eggs...
tongue2.gif

I hang out here because it helps me feel quite sane. ROFL I only have ONE incubator running right now and it is full of duck eggs due to hatch May 6-8. LOL What's a girl to do with two empty incubators? Order eggs of course! :D I have Barnevelder, Speckled Sussex and Lavender Orps coming my way this week. These are EBay eggs and only coming one state or so away...we shall see! :) I figured I might win one auction and only half heartedly bid. I won all three! LOL

Needless to say...I will be watching shipping LIKE A HAWK and ready to RUN to the PO. :)

Shhhhhh! You're going to give me naughty ideas! And my first hatch aren't even out of their shells yet. I'm already thinking about another incubator.

I have 9 chicks out of 14 eggs, pretty proud that my first time that many hatched. One is pipped, and I can see its beak moving, little progress is being made, and the membrane is light grey color. It started pipping yesterday afternoon, so do I just wait and see if he progresses more?

Back
Top Bottom