April Hatch Along

Pics
I had a similar experience today. Terrible packaging, regardless of how the PO handles them. When shippers wrap each one individually, even with the roughest treatment, there might be one broken or cracked, but the majority stay intact (of course air cells are always dicey, no matter how well they are packaged.
I sell shipped eggs and wrap them individually. That is horrible right there.

I now have seven adorable 55 Flowery Hens!!

Last edited:
:hit

Please tell us those didn't come from someone on BYC :hugs

No, thankfully everything I have received from BYC has been packaged very well. This was the last of my "low bidding ebay phase" that I've promised to never do again. It just hasn't been worth it. There are some really terrible sellers out there - buyer beware!

Have you notified the seller? That really is just sad. :( it looks like there was no individual wrapping at all and plastic wrap around the carton? :rolleyes:

I feel like, in this case I have a responsibility to the greater hatching egg community to be a tad confrontational with the seller (way outside my comfort zone). This was a do-over shipment because the first one took 13 days longer than the PO said to deliver them - they were a stinking mess that I didn't even have the stomach to unwrap (in fact, the post office had Saran wrapped the whole box, it was so bad). But, even this second time, the seller still did not do as I requested and have a "Call for pick-up" placed on the box, so they came to my door today. They also packed no extras. I want to just send them a whole bunch of BYC links and say, "If you promise to read these and follow their instructions, I won't write a scathing review of how terrible you were to deal with!"

Okay, now I want to know what would happen with shipped guinea eggs. Those suckers have a shell the same thickness as a dime, and the membrane underneath is very tough. I wonder if they would break, even with awful packing. My 1-year old threw one down the (wooden) stairs, and it just cracked.
ep.gif

I had a similar experience today. Terrible packaging, regardless of how the PO handles them. When shippers wrap each one individually, even with the roughest treatment, there might be one broken or cracked, but the majority stay intact (of course air cells are always dicey, no matter how well they are packaged.

Every time I hear how much people spend on buying rare breed hatching eggs and then having them shipped, I am reminded of the following:

How to know if you are ready to buy shipped hatching eggs:
Step 1: Wait for a windy day
Step 2: Get a large bushel basket
Step 3: Fill bushel basket with $20 bills
Step 4: Go outside into a large field
Step 5: Throw handfuls and fistfuls of dollars into the air, watching them flutter and fly away
Step 6: Did that feel good? If yes, then you are ready to buy shipped hatching eggs.

Hi, Aprils! Long time no check-in. Life's been nuts, but my second hatch of the month, 8 bantam Cochin eggs, is going well! They are scheduled to hatch on the 30th, but I keep reading that bantams often hatch out early. I will candle tonight and lockdown tomorrow, just in case. Air cells are saddled on all of them. Two eggs with detached cells were early quitters or yolkers. So...ugh, we'll see! Please survive, sweet babies! I want a fluffy Cochin butt in my life.
Hi There! Mine always seem to hatch on day 19 or 20...good luck with your hatch!!!

Pheasant eggs made it today. Only 120 not 220.

But they got smashed pretty good by the post office.

Only 81 weren't cracked or busted. But a lot of those are covered in egg goo and styrofoam they were packed in.

NOOOOOOOO
th.gif
So sorry!!!

So sorry!!!!
hugs.gif
poor egg babies!!!!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom