April Hatch Challenge....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poulets De Cajun, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I have a batch of eggs due to hatch on the 7th, and a batch of eggs due to hatch on the 10th. I think I have nearly 2 dozen due between these dates.

Anyone else hatching at this time? Lets see who gets the highest hatch rate percentage.

Shall we make a friendly competition out of it? I have a Purina coupon for "Buy three get one free" good until 12/31/09 I'll offer up as a prize!

2. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    I have about 9 out of 17 fertile so far, but its only Day 6 so we'll see if any more are alive!! If I get two to hatch I'll be perfectly happy!! [​IMG]

3. MRW

MRW Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    Gales Ferry, CT
    Hi
    Are you using your own eggs? I have some coming in the mail tomorrow, but only about 6-8.

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Yup... I have B/B/S, Buff, and Lavender Silkie eggs from my own pens.

5. MRW

Feb 21, 2008
    Gales Ferry, CT
    I've got some white silkie eggs coming and may add in a few of my own.

6. LilDucky85

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Mine were shipped all the way from Oklahoma to Illinois! I was expecting a dozen but got 18 instead! Only 1 out of the 18 were dented, and did not survive shipping. I was pretty impressed! Now 9 out of 17 are veining, and rapidly growing every day. Its only Day 6 so wish me luck!

This is my first batch ever, and my first mail in order. I was so excited! It was like a stork dropped a baby off on my front step! Only egg hatchers would understand this. [​IMG]

7. MRW

Feb 21, 2008
    Gales Ferry, CT
    Good Luck:D

Sounds like they're not doing too bad for having been shipped! What kind are you hatching?

8. LilDucky85

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Thank you!! I'm hatching Pekins [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  9. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I have a dozen due on April 2 from Dipsy Doodle Doo. They made it from South Carolina to Colorado ! I had 2 clears but the rest look great! Ameraucanas and Silkies can't wait. [​IMG]

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I set 246 eggs on Monday.
    I am hatching for the local feed store. Out of the 246, 22 are duck eggs (I set those the week before).
    There are 3 of us that are hatching. My one friend set 103 and I have not heard what the other friend set. Most of mine are sex links. Then I also have Buff Orps and marans. My ducks are khakis and peking. [​IMG] I am so excited!!! [​IMG] This is by far that biggest hatch I have ever set. I will keep you updated as they progress!!! Wish me luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by