April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

Congrats Everlong!
jumpy.gif

my pipped one hatched just before dinner that makes 8 cute fuzz butts so far......

Waiting, waiting, waiting.... tomorrow is 21 days for my peepers. No sign of movement or other signs, yet. Nervous nelly, here. I began with 12 Ameracaunas from my hens, 2 porcelain duclles from a friend. Candled them for the first time on day 16, only had 5 viable Ameracaunas, both duccles looked good. Opened the other Ameracaunas, looks like they were just not fertile, which I was amazed by. My Rusty the Rooster is always such a good boy, and gives the girls plenty of attention. Interesting, though. So, anxiously awaiting a peep, or a pip, or a zip.... Hopefully good news tomorrow.

It's getting so busy in here with all the hatching! Go babies go!

I can hardly wait for my next batch of chicks! 11 more days!

For those of you using the LG, and liking it. I agree with you. I sort of like my little cheapie incubator so far. We will see how I feel as we get closer to hatch day I guess. I was thinking that if I can make them viably hatch out of this incubator than eventually I may get a Brinsea too, but then I think about only being able to set 20 eggs or so, and what if I wanted to hatch more? So far I haven't wanted too, but what if I did? I can't really afford 600$ for a huge incubator either... Well I could, but how on earth would I explain that to the husband?

On a side note, the Turken eggs I ordered for the husband arrived today in perfect condition! I need to go check air cells and such still (probably not as perfect being that the box was crushed on one side) but they are here now and resting from their journey. ;)

It's getting so busy in here with all the hatching! Go babies go!

I can hardly wait for my next batch of chicks! 11 more days!

For those of you using the LG, and liking it. I agree with you. I sort of like my little cheapie incubator so far. We will see how I feel as we get closer to hatch day I guess. I was thinking that if I can make them viably hatch out of this incubator than eventually I may get a Brinsea too, but then I think about only being able to set 20 eggs or so, and what if I wanted to hatch more? So far I haven't wanted too, but what if I did? I can't really afford 600$ for a huge incubator either... Well I could, but how on earth would I explain that to the husband?

On a side note, the Turken eggs I ordered for the husband arrived today in perfect condition! I need to go check air cells and such still (probably not as perfect being that the box was crushed on one side) but they are here now and resting from their journey.
wink.png

I think I'm liking my LG too. It seemed pretty steady all throughout until I added more humidity at the end, then it sorta went weird on me.

GL with the Turkens!

I have pics and some questions :)

So I had 2 that didn't hatch but were fully formed and alive on day 20. They were gorgeous too and I'm so sad :( What could have gone wrong? Neither had internal pips that I could see, and they didn't look dried out inside.

Here are all the little chickies that made it! 3 Black Copper Marans, 2 Blue Copper Marans and 4 Olive Egger (Ameraucana/Black Copper Marans) and they are really hard to tell apart!

Here is everyone's favorite, isn't she amazingly cute? (Olive Egger)

This one I find interesting, also an Olive Egger but with pretty reddish brown splashes on it's face.

Here is a Black Copper Marans

And cute hairy toes

I have pics and some questions :) So I had 2 that didn't hatch but were fully formed and alive on day 20. They were gorgeous too and I'm so sad :( What could have gone wrong? Neither had internal pips that I could see, and they didn't look dried out inside. Here are all the little chickies that made it! 3 Black Copper Marans, 2 Blue Copper Marans and 4 Olive Egger (Ameraucana/Black Copper Marans) and they are really hard to tell apart! Here is everyone's favorite, isn't she amazingly cute? (Olive Egger) This one I find interesting, also an Olive Egger but with pretty reddish brown splashes on it's face. Here is a Black Copper Marans And cute hairy toes
Did you have any problems with heat or humidity towards the end? Did you do an eggtopsy to see what it looked like inside?

I probably don't have anything helpful to say since I don't have too many hatches under my belt yet. :). But I will keep reading to see what others have to say.

Back
Top Bottom