April Hatchalong, need hatchin' buddies!

Mine are due to hatch on April 12 or 13....set them late in the evening on the 22.

Not going to candle until this weekend and then I won't look at them again until they are going into lockdown. Trying not to handle them too much. I am using an LG with an egg turner but no fan.

This is my first hatch and I am a little nervous. Feeling pretty good about the temps....they are staying steady.

Eggs that I have set:
I have several cochins....barred roo over a black hen.
Several Barred Rocks.
And then from the mixed coop....a buff orpington roo over RIR hens, one dark cornish, one partridge rock and two EE's.

So, we will see. Keeping the cochins. Keeping the BR's. On the mixed I am going to keep a few that I like and have people that are wanting the others.

There are 41 eggs in the incubator.

I am excited about this entire venture!!!

Good luck to everyone!

I just set 48 Silver Duckwing Old English Bantam's and a handful of BR and RIR. Hopefully there will be plenty of little chicks in 3 weeks.

me an my sweet girls little blue an bella1210 set 28 splash orps on march 30
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
good luck to everyone an cant wait we love to hatch.

We're in - have 60 quail eggs ready to hatch this weekend - April 1,2 or 3. Our -or I should say my husband's first hatching experience - and mine too! Next up - my peep's eggs - going to try 40 - it will be a May Day hatch! Good hatching to everyone - will post how we do!
big_smile.png

I need to be talked out of incubating the 4 fertile Toulouse goose eggs my daughter found this morning. I have 3 geese and really don't NEED any more, but I am SO TEMPTED to do it. DD says no, DH says no, so I'm trying really hard to be logical. There will be more goose eggs in the future, right? Sigh.

I will join! I set 8 eggs four days ago and have added a couple every day for the past four. Yes I realize you aren't supposed to do this but I am experimenting to see if it works. Either way last night I candled the first nine I set and they ALL are growing with that little red dot in the middle and spider veins YAY! I also set 30 quail eggs yesterday with them (they hatch in 18 days) so they should hatch about the same time as the chicks. This is so much fun. I have mutt chickens coming out of these eggs but they are from full blood, RIR, Buff Orp, cornish Rock cross, Americauna and I do have one cross that lays dark eggs but I am not sure what she is a cross with. She is black. Anyway I am excited. I have three Americauna green eggs and two of the dark eggs in the bator as well as three white ones from my Silver Laced Wyandotte hen that is in with Buff Orp and RIR roosters and the rest of the eggs are either from Cornish Rock, Buff Orpington or RIR.

My 2 cornishX eggs have hatched. Both pipped around 4:30 last night, and both hatched around 6:30 this morning. Candled the other 2, neither were moving, were moving when I put them in lockdown,
hmm.png
Guess I gotta wait and see, it's Day 21.

It's day 10 for the other eggs, going to candle monday though. goin to try and dye a few chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom