Apron fence for safety. Advice needed, please

I want to see picture of the camper….wish I had one. Have seen several examples on net searches and is a cool idea…. I'll try to locate my favorite to show ya.

With the camper is set inside the compound, you could attach netting to the top and over to the fence and get some air protection.

I want to see picture of the camper….wish I had one. Have seen several examples on net searches and is a cool idea…. I'll try to locate my favorite to show ya.

With the camper is set inside the compound, you could attach netting to the top and over to the fence and get some air protection.

Take a look at this thread on BYC:

Tacky Coop and Run Contest 2011: Winners Announced! - Page 9

a camper coop.

Using netting over the top of his compound really will not work for him....he lives in Ohio and will have lots of snow. Better to put up galvanized metal roofing at an angle so he can easily sluff it off....

I finally got some pictures of the camper for you. This was made from the ground up by my father in law. It was titled as a camper trailer in '93 but I believe many of the parts are much older including the axle of an old car which is the trailer's axle. As you can see, the frame of the camper is plain old wood covered in super thin plywood and covered with fiberglass. I'm not sure how many times this thing has criss-crossed the country, but it has been hauled a lot. Unfortunately, my mother in law suffered a minor stroke during their last visit here over the summer, and they decided their camping days were over. They wanted to leave the camper here with us and my father in law really liked the idea of turning it into a chicken coop. He got a kick out of thinking it would be the envy of the Amish folks around us!

We got it mounted on the platform over the weekend and have moved the chicks in- they are enjoying it so far. This week we are going to try to get the pen posts set and the run framed in.

Back
Top Bottom