Aquarists!

ConchRepublic

Looking For My Marbles
10 Years
Jan 22, 2010
Dunnellon, Fl
Just looking to see if there are any other Aquarists here. I don't have any active tanks except for a 10 gallon and a 100gal pond. But I do have a 55gal, 30gal-long, and a 175 saltwater to set up once I move.

Quote:
Was wanting to make my 55 into a cichlid tank, not sure if I want a South/Central American tank or a African yet though. African's have the beautiful color varieties, but the South Americans have the shape variety.

I have a 70 gallon and a 30 gallon. LOVE them!
love.gif
My 70 gallons has a variety of fresh water fish - some gourami's, loaches, catfish, bala sharks - to name a few. I just lost my pleco - last week - i'd had him for 10 years. My 30 gallon tank is filled with fancy guppies.

I have two, ten Gallon tanks. One is empty (all the goldfish died) and the other is down to 2 female guppies(feeders, their cheep and easy to tell the sexes apart). And if I ever get space and the man power their is a 50 tank in the basement, I could use.

i have a 65 gallon salt water tank. we spent a year slowly buying all the pieces (because it gets expensive). once we set it up it was so easy to take care of. ill never go back to fresh water. we have 75 lbs of live rock, i think thats the key to success. i just started a few months ago with some corals. they are growing and multiplying like crazy.

Quote:
I'm happy I got the 125 gallon saltwater tank from my dad. The only problem is the top bows out. They're a pain to set up but once it's running you don't have to do much to it. Some freshwater tanks are the same but others you need to constantly monitor.

I'm an avid aquarist. One of my final goals in life is to either open up an Aquarium (A big one, not one of the little ones although it would have to start out as that) and hopefully make a zoo/aquarium. Most places I've seen are Zoos with some fish, or Aquariums with some animals. I'm wanting to make something that is both a Zoo and an Aquarium put together. Be half Sea World and Half Bush Gardens but make it so you don't have to drive between them to see it all.
lol.png

I study so much on fish that I get annoyed when people try to tell me (or anyone for that matter) wrong info about fish. I'm constantly arguing with my wife's grandparents about their tank because they take advice from my wife's aunt who has some knowledge but about the same as a normal fish keeper. She tried to tell them to put african species in with Angelfish.
hmm.png

Right now I have three tanks: A 46 G with shell dwelling cichlids and giant danios, a 10 G with a mixed variety of fish, and a 10 G with a pair of Fairy Cichlids. Have been wanting to set up our 37 G for angelfish but just dont seem to have the time.
smile.png

Quote:
I'd suggest moving the Danios to a different tank. The Cichlids need a high pH (8.0 to 8.5) and the Danios need a neutral pH of 7. The species will be stressed out by the pH level difference from what they need, which can lead to a shorter lifespan. Close enough that it shouldn't be to much of a problem, but I'd set up a new tank just in case.

Back
Top Bottom