Arabian Horse Thread....picture heavy

The mom looks more grade to me but....she is still a nice looking mare.

Dam of my horse Daizy is Soliloquy CC

Sire of her is Isosceles
Dam is Sea Bay

I have heard good things about Sea Bay and it looks like Bask is on her side.

I have 3 Arabians.......I love them and always will!! Best breeed everrr!! My first arab i got when i was 10, she is a pure polish grey mare.....By the the famous polish stallion Partner and out of a Negatraz Daughter..... she will be 20 on may 14 th her name is Penny Candy!.........A gelding that my mother rescued......we never got his papers thoe His name is John Henry........and last but not least my new horse i got, in decmber of 2008 she is an Afire Bey V daughter out of a Cytosk daughter........She is a polish, crabbit cross she is beautiful!! I will post pictures sooon!!!! i love this Threddd!!!!!!!!

The thing that most people don't "get" about Arabs, is that they're not like other horses. You can't handle them like you would a Quarter Horse (just an example...nothing bad intended)...they're super intelligent....train with a light hand, a big heart, & more intelligence than the horse!
wink.png

If any of you Arabian owners ever come across WDA in your pedigrees, that would be Wind Dancer Arabians...AKA me...many years ago!

Thanks Perolane. I got into an argument with a Txan on another thread about Arabian mares.

ArabEquine, I could tell your mare has Bask in her, she looks a lot like my mare (also my avatar)

1172_serariverl.jpg

1172_gi103.jpg

I have the privileged of boarding at a place that used to breed Pinto arabians, all horses are (except for some boarders-such as me) are pure arab, half arab, or double registered as half arab and pinto...
Most of the horses are at least 3/4 to 15/16th almost pure arab.. with pinto coloring.. the elusive 99-100+% arab blood Pintabian..
ENJOY!!
This is Gwenevere, a few year ago, with her mom Faith a pure arab, who's dad was Lancelot
DSCF0731.jpg

DSCF0728.jpg

Her coming in from the pasture the first time and meeting Lucy the Goose..
DSCF0737.jpg

And her as a long yearling...
DSCF1212.jpg

My friends pinto arabian filly
Echo9days2.jpg

kia a pintabian
DSCF0961.jpg

Hope a buckskin pinto arab/qh/paint cross pony
DSCF1550.jpg

DSCF2412.jpg

A gorgeous pinto arab gelding.. Copper
DSCF2409.jpg

DSCF2414.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

My half arab filly, Jinx aka Arapto's double trouble (real registered name)
DSCF2431.jpg

And my barn owner, Joan, with her "posse".. Rufus the farm dog, Vader the cat, and Squaker the goose... we had just let some horses loose.. and they followed up out to the pasture and back..
DSCF1420.jpg

Quote:
She has double Bask on both sides......just awesome how Bask lines can be pretty strong and the "tradition" carries on.

Thank you for looking that up and giving that info pretty interesting. What did the arabs look like in the war times? If I remember right I think AHA said also some tb/qh lines way back.

My first horse that I owned was a pure Arab. Jeweiser, I was told means proud in Arabic, we called him Joe. We got him when he was 19 and I was 13. He was my best buddy for years and it broke my heart when we had to put him down in 2006. Complications from Cushings took him in the end.

One of the best stories from Joe is after a bout of laminitis, we were on our first ride out in about a month. Going down the road he was dragging his feet, his head dropped around his knees. SUCH a contrast from his norm. When a jogger passes us on the road, that horse did a DOUBLE TAKE at the jogger!! He put his head up, his tail shot up and he PRANCED past the jogger! I was laughing so hard I was crying!

His bloodlines were the now unfashionable Crabbet lines, he traces to Skowronek 5 times, Raffles, Rifala etc... He had that lovely, long face with the little nose bump. He looked like an old hag in the field but if he had an audience he'd put on a show. God I miss that horse.

Back
Top Bottom