Arabian Horse Thread....picture heavy

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
I want to see and hear about arabian horses. Some history would be good too. I am not sure but if I recall my arab is polish I believe. Honestly she is scary to me and she knows I am scared I know that when she acts flighty. When she is calm....I am so in love.....if she acts witchy and spazy I want nothing to do with her. She usually gets attitude over food. I got her at 5 1/2 months old and will not give her up for nothing now
tongue.png
I love her to pieces she is a real sweetheart at times.
smile.png

This is not a bashing thread....I have learned from my mistakes. I just wanted to share and talk about arabs.

Pictures are youngest to oldest.

Here she is....just a bit over 2 now.

daizy1monthleft.jpg
She is a month old here.

daizy1monthold.jpg
A month old.

daziy1month.jpg
A month old.

daizy.jpg
Daizy and her dam.

filly002.jpg
I love this picture. Daizy and her dam.

daizyssire.jpg
Daizy's sire.

daizy.jpg

daizy1.jpg
This is what Daizy looked like when I got her. The month old pictures is all I had seen big difference when I got there....not smart I know but over with now....she busted in with the cows the second day after being here. I took her for a walk and she came back in the gate actually flew through the gate flipped around and started rearing so I was gonna let her go but she stood still long enough to get the lead rope off then started freaking out running all over and got caught up in the fencing and tore it down the middle divider and got in with the cows. No cuts just her ankle was sore for a few days. I think that is what she wanted all along cause she seemed jealous or possessive over them. The cows are in that shelter and Daizy would stand outside of it like that when they were in there. They were about 6 months old 2 jerseys. She grew up with them and they were butchered this Feb. and now she is all alone out there in the pasture since march/april of this year there was a couple other horses here for company. One was a meany that was food aggressive and a stallion that was 2 he was in his own pasture though by him self and I was less scared of him he was so calm well till she came into heat for the first time this spring and I had her hauled off to a friends till she was done with that. The meany 25 year old qh/paint gelding was in with my horse when she started going into heat the stallion and the gelding fought over her not sure why he cared? A lady came out here this late summer and was pretty upset that Daizy did not have a friend. She can lean over to the cows we currently have and does. I have tried putting them in with her and she runs them to death. They will be butchered though the 7th. I am looking for a friend for her and a horse I can learn to ride and build confidence with. We wanted to name her Driving Miss Daisy since our trip was so long to get her. It was already taken so we named her Crazy Mizz Daizy after having her here a week it fit all to well.

daizy42.jpg

daizy61.jpg

daizy50.jpg

daizy41.jpg

daizy43.jpg

daizy44.jpg

daizy49.jpg

The last several pictures were taken within the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Her sire looks so eerie familiar.........Bey Shah? I am trying to remember the Polish horses back in the 80's that I knew of so well. *Bask was so popular but he didn't have THAT look of the eagles.

His name is Valentino. ETA: I just looked and spelled Valantino. Bask is on her papers too.

Last edited:
Her grandsire must have been Versace...thru Bey Shah...yep that is what it's scarey like looking into a mirror LOL!

You not only have Polish but you do have alot of Egyptian, Crabbet and Raffles and McCoy......those are all good horses in the past pedigree that I know so well and researched on.

Charm says Hi!

28464_1008a.jpg

28464_charm6.jpg

28464_032507a.jpg

28464_01_1a.jpg

Sire is Monarch V - whose sire is Huckleberry Bey

Dam is a granddaughter of Khemosabi

She is my heart.

Quote:
Just says Valantino not Da Valantino. I am assuming the sire of valantino is the top one and that is allionce+/ and the dam is on the bottom which says R Dark Kristil.

I will have to call and ask again they told me she was polish and I thought swedish but maybe it was russian.

OK found him!

He is very heavy in Bask, Negatraz and heavy in Polish with a smattering of Crabbet here and there.

Aladdinn which I remember so well, was a beautiful BAY stallion, was Swedish bred but his parents are definately imported from Poland but sold to Sweden. Aladdinn was the BIG thing back in those days and he was HOT...meaning, well known. I remember back in the early 80s reading everything about Aladdinn LOL! He just died Jan, 11, 2010. So he was pretty OLD!

Aladdinn did not have Bask in his pedigree but he had the same Witraz, another bay Polish stallion that was taken during the WWII.

So Valantino has FOUR lines back to *Bask.........and a beautiful pedigree to boot!

Now what's the dam is made of?

I am loving every bit of this.....loving the memory lane of good ol Arabians!

PS I used to work for Jeanne Atherton, who owned the champion Arrest, son of Negatraz, from Patterson's Arabians.

I LOVE KHEMOSABI!!! he was my very first Arab that I got hooked on! *Sakr was my favorite Egyptian horse and there was another one that the name escaped me but he died very young.

Back
Top Bottom