Araucana Ameraucana strain

Any Ameraucanas or Araucanas that are being advertized as laying any colored eggs other than blue are Easter Eggers as pure Ameraucanas and Araucanas lay only blue eggs. Easter Eggers are hybrids produced by crossing blue egg laying breeds such as Ameraucanas or Araucanas with brown egg laying breeds to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue. There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the differences between Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers. Our Easer Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite hens. She loves their different colored eggs. :eek:)

Young and old alike love the colored eggs! I hope all thre of them are pullets
smile.png

I do to. The one with the muffs sure does look and act different than the other two though. It is a little bigger than the other two also.

Well I e-mailed Townline Hatchery and asked them about it and all they did was copy and paste the info they had on their site and give me two links with info on both breeds. Never really answered my question so I re-worded my question and asked again. Hopefully they will give me a more descriptive answer this time. I will let everyone know what they say. Like I said before, it really isn't important. I just like to know exactly what I am getting. I'm just kinda funny that way.
idunno.gif
LOL!

Likely EE's. Though I've had no luck with EE's that didn't have muffs from the start. Usually end up with a clean-faced bird.

Here are a couple pics of them at two weeks old as promised. Taken with my phone so sorry if not the best quality. They are also under a red lamp so it kinda throws their color off a little.

Back
Top Bottom