has no muffs
has no wattles

English:
always crested
always has tail
face covered with thick muffling and ear muffs abundant
ear-lobes moderately small and concealed by muffling
has no wattles

The English version is not a TRUE ARAUCANAS. The original ones are from the Americas. They are as you describe, mainly rump-less. There is so much confusion about them , such that many call Easter Eggers as Araucanas. Some call them also Ameraucana. These are 3 different breeds somewhat related, but the Easter eggers are a combination hybrids mixed with different breeds. They are not considered a breed.
Your English version describes it more closely to Ameraucana.
I researched it somewhat. It was as a result of being sold Easter Eggers labeled as Araucanas. I still liked my chickens, but just wanted to know just what they were. EE eggs vary in color.
WISHING YOU BEST and.... :welcome

The English version is not a TRUE ARAUCANAS. The original ones are from the Americas. They are as you describe, mainly rump-less. There is so much confusion about them , such that many call Easter Eggers as Araucanas. Some call them also Ameraucana. These are 3 different breeds somewhat related, but the Easter eggers are a combination hybrids mixed with different breeds. They are not considered a breed.
Your English version describes it more closely to Ameraucana.
I researched it somewhat. It was as a result of being sold Easter Eggers labeled as Araucanas. I still liked my chickens, but just wanted to know just what they were. EE eggs vary in color.
WISHING YOU BEST and.... :welcome
Hi, my dear friend.
I don't know anything about easter eggers.
Ameraucanas are never crested.
British araucanas are always crested.
I believe that the real prize of blue egg layer goes to the rumpless araucana.
And there are some specific colours recognized.
I prefer the black one. Deep black.
I am thinking of buying 3 pullets for blue greenish egg laying.
But I don't trust anyone about the pure blood of the pullet.

Back
Top Bottom