Araucana bantam eggs

Nocila

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 23, 2012
So I just got some real araucana bantam eggs from someone on ebay, and was wondering about the chances of two of the eggs hatching... I bought 8 eggs, so having 10-12 eggs that I can incubate is a real joy, but I'm a little concerned about two of the eggs. The egg in the back row, in the second spot from the left, is so tiny. It's about the size of the first joint of my thumb! Should I incubate it? Is it able to hatch? The other one is on the bottom row, on the far right. It has a crack that covers a large portion of the shell, but the crack doesn't appear to go all the way through. I've never incubated eggs, and I won't be the one to incubate them (I asked my friend's sister to hatch them in exchange for some of the chicks), but I'm wondering if I should ask her to incubate the two eggs, or whether I should just give her the ten eggs...

I would put it in and see if it comes. I was a bit surprised by a very tiny egg that I placed in the incubator, about the same thing very tiny, However it's the first one to be tipped. Saw it this morning when I laid all the eggs down. I had them all in the bottom of the carton until today tonight is lock down.

Maybe it's a Serama egg??? Could be that tiny. Since all the eggs are at different sizes I can assure you they are not all bantams. I see some big eggs there. Bantam eggs are small, not big.

Here is a link to the ad I bought them from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bantam-Arau...%2B56re4zsUv5o6zR0LVU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

They were listed as bantams...

I've had oddly sized eggs from my birds before (I hollowed out and kept the first three eggs I got from my modern game hen, and the first was really small, and then the next two were about the same size as these eggs)

I've currently got three bantam araucanas, and I got these so I can start breeding them, so as long as the two sets can breed together, I'm not overly concerned...

Here is a link to the ad I bought them from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bantam-Arau...%2B56re4zsUv5o6zR0LVU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

They were listed as bantams...

I've had oddly sized eggs from my birds before (I hollowed out and kept the first three eggs I got from my modern game hen, and the first was really small, and then the next two were about the same size as these eggs)

I've currently got three bantam araucanas, and I got these so I can start breeding them, so as long as the two sets can breed together, I'm not overly concerned...

Well if you have a chain link fence then do some counting you can see if they are bantams or not. Really I don't think they will all be bantams. Looks a bit higher then a bantam to me. count the squares on the fence and then check it that way. I have seen bantam eggs and even have some in the incubator, believe me them bigger eggs are not from any pure bantams.

So if I breed these new ones to my banties, I might end up with banties and standard sized chicks?

The chickens in the pictures are fairly small and definitely very attractive.

My large fowl Araucanas are much larger. I checked them with chain link fencing.......

I doubt if the tiny egg will hatch. But if I had recieved them, I would at least try. Did the seller send the eggs in that carton?

Back
Top Bottom