Araucana question

The blue barred one is actually very pretty - Honestly I think you got true Araucana x Ameraucanas, which still are Easter Eggers, but atleast they have real Araucana behind them.
smile.png

Does the little black one have beard and muff also or does she have small tufts. She looks the closest to an araucana cause she appears rumpless.

Lanae

No, the term Easter Egger is a name for any mutt/crossbreed that contains a blue egg gene. (although some used to, but simply now just contain a characteristic, such as a beard and muffs)

The little black one may be an araucana. If she had a tuft sticking out of her cheek and now it is gone, it will probably grow back. Could be a case of tuft eny on the part of the other chickens cause they know what she is and what they are supposed to be and don't want her making them look bad. LOL!

You could get an araucana roo ( I have some available, so do others) and put them in a pen together. Even if she has 1 inky dinky tuft she still carries the tuft gene and can pass it on. That would be a start to your birds.

Don't dispare there is hope yet.

Did you get the eggs on ebay? I know there was someone on there selling araucana/ameraucana eggs.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom