Araucana thread anyone?

I saw your auction. Beautiful flock.
Thank you. Here are some pictures of chicks I am waiting for them to start Laying. The Rooster is not going to be used for Breeding. Would love for someone to come get him for a very reasonable price. He has a tail feather that sticks straight out, so I will not be keeping him. He has just started Crowing. I Only keep Rumpless chickens to breed.

Attachments

• 20200916_161739.jpg
    20200916_161739.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200916_161859.jpg
    20200916_161859.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200916_161914.jpg
    20200916_161914.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200916_162009.jpg
    20200916_162009.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200916_162017.jpg
    20200916_162017.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200916_162050.jpg
    20200916_162050.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 14
Thank you. Here are some pictures of chicks I am waiting for them to start Laying. The Rooster is not going to be used for Breeding. Would love for someone to come get him for a very reasonable price. He has a tail feather that sticks straight out, so I will not be keeping him. He has just started Crowing. I Only keep Rumpless chickens to breed.

That is my objective as well since the breed is defined as rumpless. Though I may keep some tailed pullets and put them in other pens for eating eggs. We go through a ot of eating eggs. You are three hours away and may be worth a drive next year if I'm still kicking :)

What is the general opinion on single tufted pullets?
Is it generally only dt and tuftless used for breeding?
I keep all my Tufted hens. Single and Double. If they have one the Gene is in their Blood and will produce singles and Doubles. I do not breed tailed Araucanas. My Roo is the Lavender/Blue and my hens are mainly Blacks. Some of my hens a few red feather leakage.

I keep all my Tufted hens. Single and Double. If they have one the Gene is in their Blood and will produce singles and Doubles. I do not breed tailed Araucanas. My Roo is the Lavender/Blue and my hens are mainly Blacks. Some of my hens a few red feather leakage.
Good to know. I thought I'd read that ST were more likely to produce ST. I'm learning. Have had chickens since 01 but just went crazy this year and discovered Araucana.

Yes, I mainly sell on EBay. I have found that for me it is the Easiest way to insure I have a Chance of selling my hatching eggs and do not get stuck with a bunch of eggs I saved and did not sell. This is my Current Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/402440198635

Ah, I've seen your user on Ebay before. I follow certain sellers weekly to see if it's within my bidding range 😭. Nice lavender cock. Are you still breeding that guy to some hen? If so, how & what. There are very few lavender Araucana breeders. Do you know if it is silver based?

Good to know. I thought I'd read that ST were more likely to produce ST. I'm learning. Have had chickens since 01 but just went crazy this year and discovered Araucana.

What I've been told is that ST or DT they can produce DT. Whether ST or DT they have the ruff gene. Whether or bot chicks hatched out will be DT all depends on luck :).

Ah, I've seen your user on Ebay before. I follow certain sellers weekly to see if it's within my bidding range 😭. Nice lavender cock. Are you still breeding that guy to some hen? If so, how & what. There are very few lavender Araucana breeders. Do you know if it is silver based?
I am still Breeding him and going to keep him for at least another year. He is still young. I have him in a pen with 12 Black hens. He loves his Ladies very much!! I am not sure what his background is, he was hatched from eggs I purchased. I think he came from Macopin Farm hatching eggs but not real sure. I do know he must have a lot of white in him. Since I have been breeding him I am now getting white chicks that look very nice.

Back
Top Bottom