Araucana thread anyone?

I am still Breeding him and going to keep him for at least another year. He is still young. I have him in a pen with 12 Black hens. He loves his Ladies very much!! I am not sure what his background is, he was hatched from eggs I purchased. I think he came from Macopin Farm hatching eggs but not real sure. I do know he must have a lot of white in him. Since I have been breeding him I am now getting white chicks that look very nice.

If you're breeding Lavendar x black, are you hatching out a good quantity of lavenders? 🥰.

Last edited:
If you're breeding Lavendar x black, are you hatching out a good quantity of lavenders? 🥰.
I am mainly getting Blacks and whites. Attached is a picture I just received from one of my customers. This little chick looks like it maybe going to be Lavender. What you think?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 3
No commercial hatchery sells Araucanas. Profit margin is not there. They'll state, these birds are derived from Araucanas/Ameraucanas but it's all BS. Their way of marketing to unsuspecting new chicken owners. Mypetchicken, Cackle and Meyer finally started carrying true Ameraucanas last few years. All other still market EE as Ameraucana/Americana/Araucana/etc. If you want Araucanas, you will have to seek out an Araucana breeder. Ask tons of questions, if they are passionate about their birds they will be willing to share. Most mean people planning to just make a buck will not be able to answer your questions or will get offended when you ask them about their breeding practices. If can not explain their breeding practices, they are not a breeder - just a backyard chicken owner. They are no better than commercial hatcheries - maybe even worse.

that's what I am dealing with. tailed birds with tufts are called araucanas and without tufts ameraucanas. I still look for araucana pullets. at the moment I have 1 cockerel that has just escaped a dog attack. lost other 5 chickens though.

Back
Top Bottom