Araucana thread anyone?

Illia,

She said she gave her araucana banty BCM X Americana eggs not BCM and Americana eggs, so the babies would look like easter eggers and BCM cross's. The little banty hen looks like a blue araucana. At least in the pic I am seeing.

I have perfect vision after eye surgery so I hope its not failing me know course my rose colored glass's havn't changed. LOL!!!

Lanae

Quote:
I have a beautiful, rumpless, fully tufted Splash Cuckoo up for grabs. . . But I'm in WA.
wink.png

Quote:
Perhaps you showed the wrong image? I see a young Black Copper Marans (cross?), a very young, well, it looks like an Easter Egger, and another young Easter Egger on the right. . .
hu.gif

So, Illia my dear, what are you saying about my little Araucana hen? What makes you call her an easter egger? She is a bit fulffy about the face because of the cold, but those are not muff or beard. She is clean faced and rumpless and pure Araucana. You nailed it on the babies; both should be Olive eggers.

Quote:
Perhaps you showed the wrong image? I see a young Black Copper Marans (cross?), a very young, well, it looks like an Easter Egger, and another young Easter Egger on the right. . .
hu.gif

So, Illia my dear, what are you saying about my little Araucana hen? What makes you call her an easter egger? She is a bit fulffy about the face because of the cold, but those are not muff or beard. She is clean faced and rumpless and pure Araucana. You nailed it on the babies; both should be Olive eggers.

She looks to have a tail and a fuller, more European type body. And of course I was also curious about the facial fluffiness - With it being white, it looks like chick down, which makes the bird all together look like a 2 month old European breed.

Not trying to be offensive or putting down your bird, she just looks really young and, well, tailed. And not in the "tailed Araucana" sense, but in the sense that she's got a breed in her that's naturally tailed and has a good sized rump. But, it may just be the image, which is why I asked.

Quote:

She looks to have a tail and a fuller, more European type body. And of course I was also curious about the facial fluffiness - With it being white, it looks like chick down, which makes the bird all together look like a 2 month old European breed.

Not trying to be offensive or putting down your bird, she just looks really young and, well, tailed. And not in the "tailed Araucana" sense, but in the sense that she's got a breed in her that's naturally tailed and has a good sized rump. But, it may just be the image, which is why I asked.

OH Illia, I was laughing as I typed up that reply to you, but re-reading it, it sounds like I'm ticked. I'm not in the slightest.
Poor Barbie; when she isn't spending the nights trying to survive freezing temps in the tree tops, she's actually pretty sleek looking. There is no tail, just weird light in the picture I'm guessing that's also what's going on with the "white muffs" that you see on your computer screen. She'd never be show stock because her eyes are super dark and I think that even for a banty she is small, but she is one tough gal, super forager and turns out she's a great momma as well.

My Araucanas have been super moms. The one that is mothering now has 6 chicks that are 10 weeks and she still snuggles with them at night and leads them all over the yard by day. I have some great broodys but at about two months the chicks apparantly become irritating and the other moms start trying to loose them in the grass. LOL!!

I have a mean old EE hen that is sitting on eggs right now. She is vicious. The only reason she is still alive is cause she is a good mom. The larger the brood the happier she is, but if you look her way she will come after you. She ever decides she doesn't want to mother any more, she is going in the stew pot and I will enjoy that meal.

Lanae

What color would you consider these birds?

mms_picture-108.jpg

mms_picture-105.jpg

mms_picture-95.jpg

The one on the left bending over. Silver duckwing? Its also the bird in the first picture on the far left
mms_picture-32.jpg

mms_picture-35.jpg

mms_picture-33.jpg

Quote:
I see a blue with a lot of duckwing leaking through (but not enough to be a "blue duckwing") I see a normal duckwing, but with too much black, and the hen on the left is a silver duckwing with something else leaking through as well, as she's got red on her shoulders and a full columbian necklace going on.

Cackleberrycoop - Aaah!! Okay, the main reason I questioned your girl was because I keep on and keep on forgetting you're megcpat, so I'm thinking you're a new person or something.
hide.gif
lol.png

Quote:
I know we're not supposed to and what not, but I sure do love the color leakage; it makes for such pretty chickens. You have a beautiful flock there havi. Are they laying yet? Do you know about egg color?

Illia: I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THE NAME CHANGE! It really didn't seem like such a big deal at the time, but it's really throwing me off too.

Back
Top Bottom