Araucana thread anyone?

what fantastic tufts!!! And thanks :)

As it turns out i am still lacking on the black or blue tufted rooster front and am now up to 6 clean faced rumpless hens.... so i either need a rooster or need some hatching eggs from solid blue/black/splash pens...

Send me a pm :)
Thanks
Sib

i took some photos today, & thought i'd share one of Queenie (from Lanae's eggs), who is now 17 weeks:

she's so pretty, but i always feel a little bad for her, she's low chicken on the totem pole in her flock, and is often hanging out by herself, roosts alone at night rather than snuggled up with the others. perhaps she prefers it that way...

I thought I would share a photo of one of our Araucana's (wild color I know). Just to see what everyone thought of her.
I have been able to hatch out several of these, some with tails some with tufts.
She is the best one, her tufts are small but double
She is the daughter of a speckled araucana rooster that had a full tail and tufts , he is gone now. I have been saving all the chicks that are rumples trying to get more pullets.

I thought I would share a photo of one of our Araucana's (wild color I know). Just to see what everyone thought of her.
I have been able to hatch out several of these, some with tails some with tufts.
She is the best one, her tufts are small but double
She is the daughter of a speckled araucana rooster that had a full tail and tufts , he is gone now. I have been saving all the chicks that are rumples trying to get more pullets.

I LOVE her! Such strong mottling!

i took some photos today, & thought i'd share one of Queenie (from Lanae's eggs), who is now 17 weeks:

she's so pretty, but i always feel a little bad for her, she's low chicken on the totem pole in her flock, and is often hanging out by herself, roosts alone at night rather than snuggled up with the others. perhaps she prefers it that way...
She is so pretty. What a lovely color she turned out to be. She looks a little like a silver wheaten hen.

Lanae

Anyone have a young rooster near Laurens SC? Any color, tufts or clean face, must be completely rumpless though. I am looking for a rooster to use on some hens that I have raised from the rooster that I bought from Nadine. New blood is always a good thing!

PS..... Nadine
frow.gif
Boom Boom (renamed Valentino) is still king of the hen house, despite the years rolling by.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom