Araucana thread anyone?

Morning All, I haven't been on in a while. my little Araucana (Mox Nix ) I hatched from Debi and Ray just started laying. I had to give away the two Roos I hatched. I brought them to the poultry show in NJ . I can't believe no one wanted them. They were beautiful, tufted and all.

Is anyone on here going to the poultry congress in Springfield Ma? I'm going and I'd like to bring home a couple of chicks, Pullets, or eggs. I was able to hatch 3 of 18 eggs I was sent. The mail processors at the long island centers aren't very gentle with eggs. I have wanted Araucanas since I started my chicken adventure and my little Mox Nix is not rumpless although she has one tuft. So I am going to keep trying. If anyone is going let me know, we should get together and say hello.

Little Cricket.

The bantam menace.
lau.gif

Been following here for a while and I have 2 questions I hope someone can answer for me. I have a beautiful Black double tuffed roo I would like to breed with a couple NNs and a couple BLRWs Question 1 is will this little guy be able to get the job done? Girls are much bigger than him. #2 is how long do I need to keep the girls away from the other roos to be sure the offspring is his? Thanks for any and all help.

Thank you for the quick response and the compliment. kids want blue/green eggs, and I don't want chicken math to get the best of me so, he is going to have to wait a bit before he passes on his genes.

Here is a pic of shmoo.

Thank you for the quick response and the compliment. kids want blue/green eggs, and I don't want chicken math to get the best of me so, he is going to have to wait a bit before he passes on his genes.

Here is a pic of shmoo.

Schmoo is fantastic! I'd consider him a perfect rooster! I want one of him with my flock :D

Back
Top Bottom