Araucana thread anyone?

I just bought 6 beautiful Araucana chicks. I have 3 different colors and wonder what they are going to look like when they grow up. The last "EE" I had were white and laid green eggs.

I avoided the regular yellow chicks thinking they would be plain white as adults.

Thanks for any help!!

I just bought 6 beautiful Araucana chicks. I have 3 different colors and wonder what they are going to look like when they grow up. The last "EE" I had were white and laid green eggs. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] I avoided the regular yellow chicks thinking they would be plain white as adults. Thanks for any help!!
Sorry but you have Easter Eggers. They have beards and not tufts. Those are the classic color of the Easter Eggers. Don't fret though most EE are very good layers of mostly blue/green eggs. The color does depend a lot on which hatchery they come from. They will lay anywhere from blue shell to a light minty green, dark green and olive green eggs with a few laying brown or a pinkish color.

Hi everyone,

My first set of bantam Araucana!

I am wishing them happy hatching vibes!

We have 5 chicks that have hatched so far by our broody Rumpless Double Tufted Araucana hen. 6 are Araucana and 1 is a project, crossed Black Rumpless Double Tufted Araucana Roo and a Crested Cream Legbar hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom