Araucana thread anyone?

You do know that Wikipedia information can be put on there by anyone and not be correct. The Araucana breed was developed in the US as a standardized breed, which is different than just having the landraces cross as they did sometimes in SA. Obviously, with the breeds used to make them being from the same general area, there are some natural and man made crosses that made tufted/rumpless in SA too but it was not a standardized cross even there. I'm on some SA groups and they are also expressing trouble with the tuft gene and have not bred the cross to make tufted/rumpless as a breed for any longer than they have been in the US.
You might want to research a little more. Everywhere I read states the same as listed by Wikipedia.

You might want to research a little more. Everywhere I read states the same as listed by Wikipedia.

She's been breeding Araucanas for a while... and she is correct...

Also, Wikipedia is not a credible source of info... no college or any credible school will accept Wikipedia as a cited source... js...

She's been breeding Araucanas for a while... and she is correct...

Also, Wikipedia is not a credible source of info... no college or any credible school will accept Wikipedia as a cited source... js...

True but they won't accept like 90% of sites but they do accept the cited material but thisisjust trying to find quick pls usable help

The tufted gene is dominant so one parent must be tufted in order to have tufted offspring. Clean faced X clean faced will result in 100% clean faced chicks.

I've raised them for many years and have studied their history. Wikipedia is just wrong ;)

They are a heritage breed developed here in the US. What I'm talking about is the APA Araucana breed. It is considered a Heritage Breed in the US. The breed was developed using landraces from South America, namely the Collonca and Quetero's. These were landrace's, not breeds. There were a few crosses that occurred naturally in South America that were referred to as Collonca's de Artes but it was not a breed at that time. There is a Lot of information on the history of the breed here and it's not consistent with Wikipedia which is just information put out there by anyone who chooses to write it....correct or not.

Back
Top Bottom