Araucana thread anyone?

Today has been one of the best days I've had chicken keeping.
Not only did I get to meet Nancy Utterback, I got some really pretty birds at a great price, AND their mother! Nancy said she had been in Florida for a couple weeks, and someone was taking care of her birds. Somehow one chick went missing; nobody knows what happened to it. She said, "since one chick is missing you can have the hen if you want her". I said, "Oh definitely, how much do you want for her?" She said, "Nothing. You came here with the intent of getting seven chicks and one is gone, so just take her." :celebrate What an incredibly nice thing to do!

The hen is black and clean faced. Two chicks are double tufted, one is single tufted and three are clean faced. All completely rumpless. A couple are all black, the rest have mottling. I know for sure 2 are cockerels and 2 are pullets, the other 2 are a mystery. (When they settle down I'll get some pictures to post in the "breed/sex" forum. They are pretty skittish and stressed from the change). The prettiest chick is a mottled cockerel. I am definitely keeping him! He's at the end of this video:

Last edited:
Not only did I get to meet Nancy Utterback, I got some really pretty birds at a great price, AND their mother! Nancy said she had been in Florida for a couple weeks, and someone was taking of her birds. Somehow one chick went missing; nobody knows what happened to it. She said, "since one chick is missing you can have the hen if you want her". I said, "Oh definitely, how much do you want for her?" She said, "Nothing. You came here with the intent of getting seven chicks and one is gone, so just take her." :celebrate What an incredibly nice thing to do!

The hen is black and clean faced. Two chicks are double tufted, one is single tufted and three are clean faced. All completely rumpless. A couple are all black, the rest have mottling. I know for sure 2 are cockerels and 2 are pullets, the other 2 are a mystery. (When they settle down I'll get some pictures to post in the "breed/sex" forum. They are pretty skittish and stressed from the change). The prettiest chick is a mottled cockerel. I am definitely keeping him! He's at the end of this video:
congratualtions-smiley.gif

Not only did I get to meet Nancy Utterback, I got some really pretty birds at a great price, AND their mother! Nancy said she had been in Florida for a couple weeks, and someone was taking care of her birds. Somehow one chick went missing; nobody knows what happened to it. She said, "since one chick is missing you can have the hen if you want her". I said, "Oh definitely, how much do you want for her?" She said, "Nothing. You came here with the intent of getting seven chicks and one is gone, so just take her." :celebrate What an incredibly nice thing to do!

congrats! they are adorable!

I'm looking for a "bantam" Araucana rooster for a friend who doesn't do the internet.
I have a bantam roo I would be willing to part with, but I’m in south Florida and wouldn't ship him. He’s black with a lot of red leakage (looks like a BC Maran’s colors). I got him from Ann Charles this last summer. I’m only keeping my large fowl roos. Let me know if you’re anywhere near Florida...
I'm looking for a "bantam" Araucana rooster for a friend who doesn't do the internet.

Attachments

• 61711858-2043-4E2E-8E03-759D07D45656.jpeg
    61711858-2043-4E2E-8E03-759D07D45656.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 4
  • 21AB1D91-98BB-453B-9039-60A565317C8C.jpeg
    21AB1D91-98BB-453B-9039-60A565317C8C.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 6
  • A4CA0572-9C05-4F65-97C1-AA205D577A3E.jpeg
    A4CA0572-9C05-4F65-97C1-AA205D577A3E.jpeg
    577.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 66B96D65-26BE-4CC4-9E5D-F44943C2C902.jpeg
    66B96D65-26BE-4CC4-9E5D-F44943C2C902.jpeg