Araucana thread anyone?

glad to see that araucana people woke up.
Me too! I will *hopefully* be picking up 7 black chicks from Nancy Utterback this weekend. She only has 2 LF hens left (she sold the rest) so I feel pretty darn lucky to get some of the last true Nancy Utterback stock. Turns out my sister (who used to breed POA ponies) sold a pony to Nancy years ago and they have stayed in touch. Maybe it helped to name drop! I've really been wanting to get into silver duckwings but it just hasn't panned out. You know what they say about getting started in araucanas...take what you can get!

my araucanas are rumpless. they have similar colours, blue with some red or salmon. what chances do I have to get good chicks? none of them have any tail feathers.

btw, I have got a pair of british araucana. the cockerel is lavander and the hen is either lavander or blue. she is somewhat darker. I keep them separate from the rumpless.

my araucanas are rumpless. they have similar colours, blue with some red or salmon. what chances do I have to get good chicks? none of them have any tail feathers.

btw, I have got a pair of british araucana. the cockerel is lavander and the hen is either lavander or blue. she is somewhat darker. I keep them separate from the rumpless.
They sound very pretty!

Me too! I will *hopefully* be picking up 7 black chicks from Nancy Utterback this weekend. She only has 2 LF hens left (she sold the rest) so I feel pretty darn lucky to get some of the last true Nancy Utterback stock. Turns out my sister (who used to breed POA ponies) sold a pony to Nancy years ago and they have stayed in touch. Maybe it helped to name drop! I've really been wanting to get into silver duckwings but it just hasn't panned out. You know what they say about getting started in araucanas...take what you can get!

Congrats on the chicks!
I tried to get started in araucanas but all the eggs that hatched were roos. I pared down the roos to my one keeper-rumpless & double tufted.
Maybe if your 7 chicks to get going to the point of having hatching eggs, you'd let me come get some to try for a hen again! I'm in Indianapolis and would love to hatch some next year.

Congrats on the chicks!
I tried to get started in araucanas but all the eggs that hatched were roos. I pared down the roos to my one keeper-rumpless & double tufted.
Maybe if your 7 chicks to get going to the point of having hatching eggs, you'd let me come get some to try for a hen again! I'm in Indianapolis and would love to hatch some next year.
Absolutely!
I'm headed to Nancy's in about an hour! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom