Araucana thread anyone?

You are on the opposite side of Ga from me. Im about an hours drive North of Tallahassee, Fl in Thomasville. If I cant find anything local, I may talk to you about shipping chicks in the spring.
Ours was wet and stormy, 68* here, last week it got down to the low 30s, thats as low as it gets here.
We used to live in Valdosta and knew some folks in Thomasville. Beautiful town, but unlikely to have a white Christmas or any other day for that matter! Hope you aren't too soaked. My birds were out pecking around in the run at the 1" of snow we got yesterday. Perch (our Araucana) was standing on one leg like "hey why are my feet cold?" Silly bird, go inside!
gig.gif

I have not been on this forum for some time now. Boy have I missed you all. I just got my Brian Reeder book in yesterday and can't wait to start reading it! We also have had a bunch of our silver and gold duckwing pullets start laying so we are super excited about that as well!!!

Hi! I had a question in 'Raising Chicks' and someone suggested I post here.

I live north of Houston Texas. The only chickens I want & don't have are Aruacanas but I want Bantams since that's what the rest of my flock is. And 'true' Aruacanas, not Amerucanas or EE's (although I know there's nothing 'wrong' with either type -- I just want what I want!).

Does anyone have a lead for me? Or a hatchery that I could order from and actually GET true Aruacanas??!!

I'm loving my 2 lavender araucana pullets!!! They have gotten friendlier as they have grown up, and I couldn't imagine my flock without them! They are about 25 weeks old now!

Hello All,

I've never had Araucana before and now I have 8 ! I can't seem to figure out what sex I have...can you help? What do I look for?

Is THIS a pullet? Sorry, the picture isn't very good but it's the best I have.

I always thought this was a Roo because it seems to be the leader and the most bold/friendly...but now I think I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I've never had Araucana before and now I have 8 ! I can't seem to figure out what sex I have...can you help? What do I look for?

Is THIS a pullet? Sorry, the picture isn't very good but it's the best I have.

I always thought this was a Roo because it seems to be the leader and the most bold/friendly...but now I think I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Congratulations. You will adore them in no time if you don't already. The bird pictured is a pullet.

Lanae

Thank you Lanae.

If she's a pullet, then I'm wondering if I have all pullets! I *May* have 1 white roo. I'll need to post a picture to be sure.

They are THE friendliest chickens on the planet!

I'm enjoying them...such busy little chicks. Can't wait to turn them loose with the gang.

This is my black double tufted chick...Pullet I think.
Her "friends" keep pulling on her beautiful tufts. (I need to use a different colored background).

OK...2 questions on this one.

1. Is this a Roo? I think it might be because of the hackle feathers.
2. What do I call this color? Splash?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the double post.

Back
Top Bottom