Araucana thread anyone?

Hi there! I was wondering if any of you sell, or can point me in the right direction, bantam rumpless araucana chicks or hatching eggs. Chicks would be preferred but hatching eggs are OK too if chicks are impossible. My post office pretty well destroys shipped eggs (I know it's on my end because neighbors and friends in my area have all had problems with our particular office), but it's been a couple months since I ordered anything so ready to try again haha.

Do you have it delivered to your house or do you pick it up at the Post Office? If you think you have a malicious person that deliberately smashes the eggs have you supplier not mark them as fragile. Some people have had more luck with unmarked packages.

Do you have it delivered to your house or do you pick it up at the Post Office? If you think you have a malicious person that deliberately smashes the eggs have you supplier not mark them as fragile. Some people have had more luck with unmarked packages.
I've tried both home and PO pick up, it's the PO branch that destroys them. It doesn't have anything to do with the labeling of the box, I've tried marked, un-marked, I've filed official complaints, nothing! Someone, or a group of someones, at the branch handles packages like soccer balls. I've had clothes and toys ordered online arrive with half the box missing, huge holes in the box, even had something tear right through a box and slice a pair of jean overalls, like they stabbed it with a sword! It's so ridiculous! I have non-egg things shipped to my parents office now, but 4 times outta 5 if I have eggs shipped there they try to deliver them on saturday when the office is closed and then they get frozen or overheated being left on a truck in the desert heat.
I'm lucky if I get an egg or 2 to hatch out of 2 dozen. I had one miracle hatch at 100%, but never ever again lol.

Anywho enough rant haha, I've been dying to get my hands on some of these in bantam for over a year. We just built a new coop so I want to fill it up with new little birdies =)

I've tried both home and PO pick up, it's the PO branch that destroys them. It doesn't have anything to do with the labeling of the box, I've tried marked, un-marked, I've filed official complaints, nothing! Someone, or a group of someones, at the branch handles packages like soccer balls. I've had clothes and toys ordered online arrive with half the box missing, huge holes in the box, even had something tear right through a box and slice a pair of jean overalls, like they stabbed it with a sword! It's so ridiculous! I have non-egg things shipped to my parents office now, but 4 times outta 5 if I have eggs shipped there they try to deliver them on saturday when the office is closed and then they get frozen or overheated being left on a truck in the desert heat.
I'm lucky if I get an egg or 2 to hatch out of 2 dozen. I had one miracle hatch at 100%, but never ever again lol.

Anywho enough rant haha, I've been dying to get my hands on some of these in bantam for over a year. We just built a new coop so I want to fill it up with new little birdies =)

When I worked for UPS I realized why especially during Christmas packages get mangled by them. When they hired the engineer of their conveyer belt system they did not pick one with a good design. Even as just an art student I could see that there were too many 90˚ angles and especially in the Christmas rush this caused crushing. The corners should have been rounded so everything just slid around and didn't hang up.

When I worked for UPS I realized why especially during Christmas packages get mangled by them. When they hired the engineer of their conveyer belt system they did not pick one with a good design. Even as just an art student I could see that there were too many 90˚ angles and especially in the Christmas rush this caused crushing. The corners should have been rounded so everything just slid around and didn't hang up.
It's just a shame =( I know I have tried everything I can think of, so for now I just try to send things to my parents whenever possible.

Hi Kris,

If you are on facebook, look for the araucana page. There are many of us breeders there. There are not very many working on the BBR Wheatens. I think myself and Ann Charles are the only two. Ann has sold a few hens and pullets to people who are hoping to start breeding wheatens also.

I will most likely not be selling any wheatens this year except maybe the fall when it comes time to pare things down for the winter breeding pens.

Lanae Cash

Quote: Lanae, I see you recommend the facebook page often. What about those of us that don't want to do facebook?

Lanae, I see you recommend the facebook page often. What about those of us that don't want to do facebook?
I would suggest joining the Araucana Club of America as there are forums where you can post what you are looking for. Also soon I will have a classified page up and running. When you join the club you are sent a list of all the other members and the birds they raise along with contact info.

I understand, that not everyone loves facebook. I only use it for my birds and my grandchildren. All I can say is the facebook Araucana page has 1000 members and is posted on all day long.

Lanae

Lanae, I see you recommend the facebook page often. What about those of us that don't want to do facebook?
Lanae is just saying that the FB group is active and there are sellers and buyers there for anyone actively looking to buy or sell Araucana's. If you're looking for Araucana, and they are still a very rare breed, then you may have more luck there. We all have choices. I understand there are a lot of people who don't do facebook but it's been a very good place for Araucana breeders to get together. At this moment, there are 1,001 members on the facebook Araucana Chickens group. Not all are active and post so it's hard to know if all those members actually have Araucana's (thinking not) but imagine if they all were active posting, wow

Back
Top Bottom