Araucana thread anyone?

Yes, I AM interested in cuckoo Araucanas, however out of the blue I acquired the rest of Nancy Utterback's large fowl stock. Now I have a duckwing/BBR pen where I thought I'd have a cuckoo pen. I'm not really interested in gold duckwing...it just kind of fell into my lap. :hmm

Interesting. I’m very interested in BBR myself. I want to breed Crele Araucana. It’s my favorite coloring on chix. I know it’s not standard, but it’s so darn lovely. Let me know if you have any BBR chicks, chickens or eggs for sale!

I LOVE crele!!
Do you have Crele Araucana? Or are you thinking of breeding them? I am a newb when it comes to genetics, but my understanding is that cuckoo x BBR results in crele. That’s what I’m shooting for. I’m hoping that Ann Charles has some BBR for sale in the next month or so. I just have one bantam BBR hen (who loves to go broody—argh!) and lots of cuckoo pullets and cockerels. A few with great tufts and fully rumpless. Fingers crossed.

Do you have Crele Araucana? Or are you thinking of breeding them? I am a newb when it comes to genetics, but my understanding is that cuckoo x BBR results in crele. That’s what I’m shooting for. I’m hoping that Ann Charles has some BBR for sale in the next month or so. I just have one bantam BBR hen (who loves to go broody—argh!) and lots of cuckoo pullets and cockerels. A few with great tufts and fully rumpless. Fingers crossed.
I do not have any now, but it is a project I would like to work on down the road.

I really want BBR and gold duckwing. What do you get when you cross gold duckwing with silver duckwing, and gold duckwing with BBR?
Males are capable of carrying both a gold gene and a silver gene. Females get one or the other. You would get a certain percent of gold females and silver females, a certain percent of males carrying both (described as goldEN) and some males carrying one or the other. I'm not a BBR expert but I think you'd end up with all gold duckwing from a gold duckwing/BBR cross...??? Here's where you can check for sure:
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

Well I'm looking at getting a Gold Duckwing roo, and BBR and a silver duckwing. That calculator didn't seem to have BBR. Unless I just couldn't find it.

Maybe it would be better on the PC?
BBR stand for Black Breasted Red, they are gold duckwing with red enhancers(add Mh/Mh Mahogany on the calculator to get BBR)

Black Breasted Red OEG vs Dutch Bantam rooster(gold duckwing)

Back
Top Bottom