Araucana thread anyone?

The first pic is one of the original roosters.The otther 2 are his offspring from a ameraucana hen.I had no araucana hens available for him.

The first pic is one of the original roosters.The otther 2 are his offspring from a ameraucana hen.I had no araucana hens available for him.

The first chick is hatched and it looks to be rumpless white, it was still wet so I couldn't tell if it has tufts. Another 2 eggs pipped, they're not due til tomorrow. Even if I just get 1 with tufts, I will be happy since I want to breed tufts into another project
Very cool, what is your project? If you get no tufts this summer, let me know and I might be able to help you out. I always like swapping and might swap a double tufted cockerel for a clean faced rumpless pullet. You can PM me if you want, I'd like to know more about your chicks first.

Very cool, what is your project? If you get no tufts this summer, let me know and I might be able to help you out. I always like swapping and might swap a double tufted cockerel for a clean faced rumpless pullet. You can PM me if you want, I'd like to know more about your chicks first.
We're making our own farm breed and thought it would be cool to have tufts. I figure I could breed them in using either sex.

So far it looks like 1 white and 2 splash, all rumpless and one has one tuft, 2 more eggs pipped

I am curious....I have a mostly black, with tufts on one side Araucana roo and a bluish gray colored, clean faced pullet. When they are of age, what kind of colors of offspring could I expect if I decided to attempt hatching out some eggs. Just as a note I am not looking for show birds, just a pretty backyard flock. I also have 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte pullets of poor color quality (the red is a light red not a mahogany color) but with some decent lacing I am considering throwing into the mix, just for fun. Any idea what that offspring might look like?

Pullet

Roo

Last edited:
You will get blues and blacks with the two araucana.

Lanae
Thank You! I may try it and see what I get in a year or so. Sounds really fun to hatch out some of my own chicks.I am glad I probably would not get ALL blacks. I love the black color but I already have 2 that are all black and 1 that is black based. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom