Araucanas or Ameraucanas?

Personally, I think that those of us that have EE's should try to create an EE breed. I don't know what it would take but it might be worth the effort.

I am on the coast of NC. You may think I am the other Jean. I am Gloria Jean from the mtns of NC. My hb had a bad accident and I have been down here with him. He had to have some tough surgery. He is recouping now. Slow but sure. I can barely wait to get back to the Mtns. Jean

Quote:
23b381dd.jpg

QualityControl005.jpg

Ok, just to stir the pot...

I thought these birds were not recognized by the major poultry breeding associations yet???

I guess I'm not really that into them personally, but I was curious.

Wow, this is the most replies I've ever gotten from a thread but I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
wink.png

First and foremost...Thank You to everyone that replied! The information you shared is priceless and yes, maybe I should have started with a "search" on BYC instead posting a thread but I guess I was just lazy. But, the responses brought about by my questions I think were very helpful to myself and others, good conversations, tip, facts, etc. The threads that people attached to their posts are great and I plan on reading every one of them.
Just for the record, I was only looking for blue/green eggs; I'm not interested in breeding and having a purebred is not of importance to me. Our local feed store advertises Araucanas so if I get EE's that's fine but after reading WylieFarms response (also from Michigan), I think I'll contact them to help me find blue egg layers.
Thanks again to all of you; this just makes me love this site all the more.
Oh and BTW, geareduplyn, those eggs are beautiful!

I'm with you....I just wanted some colored eggs.

Attaining the SOP is at the bottom of my list of priorities, but I do not begrudge those who put it at the top of their list. Everybody has their own hobby!

Good luck in your quest for what you want!

Here's my (hopefully!) answer to wanting blue or green eggs...and I don't care what breed she is - she's mine
big_smile.png
:
DSC_0016Large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom