Arctic blast coming to my area

Nice! Please note that your socket is ceramic, which handles high temps best, particularly when you are making a somewhat closed system.

Looking forward to the warm-up coming!
We were only using it for the arctic blast so it was a quick fix. My birds are used to the current weather so they no longer need this. Had we not heated im sure we would have had frostbite. We were on the fence about heating the coop since we want our birds cold hardy. Im so glad we did especially with how cold it got.

We were only using it for the arctic blast so it was a quick fix. My birds are used to the current weather so they no longer need this. Had we not heated im sure we would have had frostbite. We were on the fence about heating the coop since we want our birds cold hardy. Im so glad we did especially with how cold it got.

Yup! I was noting the ceramic for anyone else wanting to use this type of system. Just like with a heat lamp, the socket has to be able to handle the heat, and ceramic is best even though a regular, lower wattage bulb was used in this situation.

We had a heat lamp (doubly secured) going above the roosts. So.Very.Cold and still looks like the male with the large comb and tall points will loose one point due to frostbite. Time will tell.

After the artic blast warm Spring like temperatures. Yesterday it was near 60F. I went to check on the chickens and give them their "bedtime" snack around 3 pm and it was almost 80F coop and humid. I left the big door open and moved some of the plastic curtains so the breeze could blow through. Hour and half later the humidity level had dropped. Thank goodness. Another warm day today. It' already 45F so I will be pulling the curtains back in another hour so they can have some breeze.

Can we get a little of that arctic blast back now?

:lau

7FE69977-BD41-4A76-B0BE-544B65487C33.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom