are 2 males and 1 female going to be a problem?

boats317

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Desoto, Mo
They are mixed in with chickens and so far are just fine. the boys are lavenders and the female is a royal purple. They are about 22 weeks old. Not sure if the boys will fight like roosters and i"ll need to get rid of one or not? I really want them to do some tick work this summer.

thanks

They will probably be a problem, but we have three roosters that grew up with each other and after a month of fighting they made piece. good luck, all roosters are different!

Depends how close the males are. Some will get on and some won't so it depends what your boys are like. I have more boys than girls and they have their pecking order but they're not too bad.
If they start fighting DO NOT get rid of one. They will yell and scream to call him back and they will miss each other heaps. Instead you should grow your flock if you can. They like large numbers and more birds you will have more chance of getting the boys and girls numbers close.
I recommend if you get new ones get the eggs or day old keets otherwise they won't rehome well and will miss all their friends.
Good luck!:)

Thanks for that info, sadly they found their way out of the run last night because of a mistake on my end...I extended the run 16ft and didnt think they would climb thru the cattle fencing. I hadnt attached the chicken wire to it yet and when I got back they were gone. My chickens also got out but they all stayed right there next too the run. It was about an hour before sunset, we looked all over the farm in the trees ground etc...and nothing. There was no attack im sure of that, we are just hoping they come back today sometime...or that we can hear then and track them down.

Last edited:
They were back in the fields the next morning! They went right back into the coop, I think they realized they had it better with us then on their own.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom