Are chicken harnesses worth it?

Quick tip, harnesses and such are not a good topic for on here.
I bought a chicken harness a while back, it mostly worked, she kept trying to back out of it though, but I think with time and patience it'll work.
I gave it up because one time she started freaking out because of the leash, she saw it behind her and I guess she thought it was a snake or something.
I posted on here about it, turns out most people don't think it's a good idea to put a harness and leash on a chicken.
But still:
Pros:
Really funny to see
Bonding time
It would be soo cool if you could make it work

Cons:
It will scare the chicken the first few times
It may make her distrust you
They can sometimes get their feet tangled

I hope it helps!

Quick tip, harnesses and such are not a good topic for on here.
I bought a chicken harness a while back, it mostly worked, she kept trying to back out of it though, but I think with time and patience it'll work.
I gave it up because one time she started freaking out because of the leash, she saw it behind her and I guess she thought it was a snake or something.
I posted on here about it, turns out most people don't think it's a good idea to put a harness and leash on a chicken.
But still:
Pros:
Really funny to see
Bonding time
It would be soo cool if you could make it work

Cons:
It will scare the chicken the first few times
It may make her distrust you
They can sometimes get their feet tangled

I hope it helps!
Well to be fair, feet being tangled shouldn't be a big deal since it should only be on when you are with the bird and you usually make a bird comfortable before forcing a harness on them

Well to be fair, feet being tangled shouldn't be a big deal since it should only be on when you are with the bird and you usually make a bird comfortable before forcing a harness on them
That is true.
It's a little loose around her chest, so she did sometimes trip, but I was always there to help her.

Back
Top Bottom