Are chicken saddles safe?

Haru

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2024
Hello! I recently bought two chicken saddles for my hens. They dont seem bothered by wearing them. Are the saddles safe to be kept on for a longer period of time? how long is it recommended to keep them on?

also are the straps safe to be worn around the chickens wings? they seemed quite soft to me
bild_2024-04-11_184004140-png.3798335
View attachment 3798344

Is this where I say something about my hens only being medium breed so too small to ride ?

Sorry I couldn’t resist it, bad Debby 😔
haha! maybe one day youll be able to ride on a chicken :jumpy
im pretty sure mine are too small for that aswell :(((

Hello! I recently bought two chicken saddles for my hens. They dont seem bothered by wearing them. Are the saddles safe to be kept on for a longer period of time? how long is it recommended to keep them on?

also are the straps safe to be worn around the chickens wings? they seemed quite soft to me
bild_2024-04-11_184004140-png.3798335
View attachment 3798344
I only ever had one problem with chicken saddles. It was was when I had an unused hook in the ceiling of my coop and a hen wearing a saddle got the saddle strap caught on it and spun and spun trying to get down...how long she was caught I don't know...she recovered fine bit ever since I don't keep unused hooks in the coop!

I only ever had one problem with chicken saddles. It was was when I had an unused hook in the ceiling of my coop and a hen wearing a saddle got the saddle strap caught on it and spun and spun trying to get down...how long she was caught I don't know...she recovered fine bit ever since I don't keep unused hooks in the coop!
oh no i can imagine that mustve been horrifying :( im glad she recovered fine though!

Back
Top Bottom