Are crested chicks (polish, crevecour, appenzaller etc.) Hard to raise?

No sorry the Polish.
Almost 5am here and it’s basically dead. Limp, shallow breathing. Pretty sure now that I look at it, it’s my week old one too. Not my new ones. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Guess that’s failure to thrive syndrome.
Oh im so sorry! Thats horrible. I hate losing chicks, especially ones youve had for longer than a day, cause your more attached

I too find them to be extremely delicate and prone to nutritional issues and illnesses. I’ve lost more Polish than any other breed. Love them though, they are super sweet and quirky ❤️
I’ve switched to a unmedicated high protein mash from the local mill and I’m hoping to see if that helps with the nutritional deficiencies 🤞🏼 It’s a pain to get, but have to give it just one more go…

I’ve switched to a unmedicated high protein mash from the local mill and I’m hoping to see if that helps with the nutritional deficiencies 🤞🏼 It’s a pain to get, but have to give it just one more go…
I’m feeding a more local ish feed (GA and I’m in Tn) this year. It’s unmedicated too. (Read medicated does no good anyway if they’ve been vaccinated. It actually cancels the shot.)
But we have had more pasty butts (with all the new chicks) than last year. Unsure why.

I hope it helps! Sounds like good stuff!! 😍 I have one buff laced polish girl left…fingers double crossed that she makes it past her 4 month birthday 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’m feeding a more local ish feed (GA and I’m in Tn) this year. It’s unmedicated too. (Read medicated does no good anyway if they’ve been vaccinated. It actually cancels the shot.)
But we have had more pasty butts (with all the new chicks) than last year. Unsure why.
Interesting on the pasting! I haven’t seen an increase in pasting, we haven’t had an issue with it since moving to the mama heating pads

Back
Top Bottom