are ducks loud?

It depends on the breed. I have Muscovy and they are quite. I also have a Cayuga and Call. Those are both very loud. I can hear the Cayuga hen even when she is down at the barn and all the house windows are shut. My Blue Swede is not as loud but I can still hear them sometimes when I am in the house. Mostly though I only hear the Blue if I am outside.

you can get some muscovies. They are quiet and very friendly. I'm sure there are some other quiet breeds. Mine are mallards and rouens they are both pretty loud most of the time. Pekins are really loud.

Last edited:
all my cayugas are quiet. then again they're all boys. randomly they get a spurt of energy and make one semi loud quack. but other than that i never hear them.

I have a pair of cayugas.. male is quiet as a church mouse.. only hear from the female when I try and pick her up..
my two welsh harlequin females only quack in the mornings when I let them out from the night pen.. Charlie quacks to be let out but she stops and then quack a few more times while shes running around. Amy will quack some because charlie is quacking, but the hush up fairly quick..
I have heard that rouens are quiet too.. but didn't get any..

I live in a suburban area on a small lot. I have 6 ducks. They can be loud at times, but they are still quieter than my neighbor's stupid dogs.

Back
Top Bottom