Are eggs safe to eat after being laid on?

It's just hard to say if she'll stay, they seem to pick out a spot and don't like to leave it.
To me if you want her to keep sitting would be to leave her where she is and just place something around her. Dog X pen would work too.

Last edited:
It's just hard to say if she'll stay, they seem to pick out a spot snd don't like to leave it.
To me if you want her to keep sitting would be to leave her where she is and just place something around her. Dog X pen woud work too.
Ok I’ll try but won’t the other ducks follow her in anyways

There’s only 5 left. They keep breaking them. Should I take her out or leave her. They keep eating the eggs. Is that just how it happens? Do they know somehow which ones to eat maybe if they are no good. I feel bad for the ducklings to be developing and then be killed
I would separate her so the others aren't breaking eggs. Sometimes it works to move - if you can lock her in an area and depending on how broody she is. Or just put some sort of fencing around her.

I guess I’m not sure what you meant. I thought you meant put a wall up so it’s harder for other ones to go in. But obviously she still needs to get out to eat and drink so if there’s any opening won’t the other ducks follow her in.
You have to make the area big enough so that she can have access to food and water inside the area.

I usually have a small gate like that I take down so mine can go in and out of. Since my only broodies are Muscovy never had a problem with any other the other ducks laying or messing with her eggs, I always wait till late morning to take the make shift gate down and all the ducks are finished laying by them.

Back
Top Bottom