Are Excipients Safe for Chickens?

chicken4prez

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jun 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Just got some "fish zole" from my local feed store but it's not 100% metronidazole. It's 70% metronidazole and 30% excipients. Can I give my chickens this?

Thanks in advance.

What are you giving(wanting to give) this to your chickens for?

excipients (plural noun)
  1. an inactive substance that serves as the vehicle or medium for a drug or other active substance
  2. practically all marketed drugs contain excipients
  3. An excipient is a substance formulated alongside the active ingredient of a medication,[1] included for the purpose of long-term stabilization
  4. SO IT IS JUST ADDED TO THE MEDICATION FOR ITS STABILIZING
  5. THE MEDICATION BEING USED.
  6. What are you using the fishzole for, medicating chickens that have what?
Glenda L Heywood Cassville Missouri

Well here is what Fish Zole is

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/pliva-333-12040.html

generic Flagyl.
It is used so they do not have to get a Vet prescription
Fishmox is amoxicillin, Bird Biotic is doxycycline and on and on.
Flagyl (metronidazole) is an antibiotic.
In Humans It fights bacteria in your body. Flagyl is used to treat bacterial infections of the vagina, stomach, skin, joints, and respiratory tract. This medication will not treat a vaginal yeast infection.
Glenda Heywood

Flagyl (metronidazole) is an antibiotic

Thanks everyone.

Sadly I can't find anyone who has pure fishzole so the one I got is the closest. I could order it online but I'm on a time slot and I can't wait any longer. It sounds as if the excipients are safe so I'll go ahead and give them the medicine.

Thanks everyone.

Sadly I can't find anyone who has pure fishzole so the one I got is the closest. I could order it online but I'm on a time slot and I can't wait any longer. It sounds as if the excipients are safe so I'll go ahead and give them the medicine.
We are asking what you diagnosed you chicken with.....why your are giving this to it for?

Back
Top Bottom