Are female Coturnix quail quiet?

what would the coincidence be in that both that got beat up early on were males? I want to keep 1 male, and the 3 that I know are hens. If I build a bigger cage, and provide some branches with the leaves on them to give some spots to hide, the smaller aggressive one might do just fine. I just know I do not need more than one male, and I def have 2, possibly 3

what would the coincidence be in that both that got beat up early on were males? I want to keep 1 male, and the 3 that I know are hens. If I build a bigger cage, and provide some branches with the leaves on them to give some spots to hide, the smaller aggressive one might do just fine. I just know I do not need more than one male, and I def have 2, possibly 3

You can try the hiding places, but I would re:home the aggressive one to your fridge if I were you and keep one of the roo's that was injured. No need to keep a roo that can't get along with anyone, lol.

ya know.. come to think of it .. I have all my quail in the house

plus I have an african gray and a conure....

nope.. compared to the parrots the quail aren't noisy at all....
smile.png

Our little lady tends to make soft coos more or less all the time which we attribute to her generally chattering to her male, but i suppose some hens will be more quiet than others.

Our little lady tends to make soft coos more or less all the time which we attribute to her generally chattering to her male, but i suppose some hens will be more quiet than others.

If you are referring to your button quail, those are not coturnix and have different sounds :)

Chinese painted quail are Blue Breasted "Button Quail." Chinese Painted is the old term before the new name on them came out. Chinese Painted are not in the Coturnix family. They are Excalfactoria chinensis. Just to help you out a little.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom