Are Hill Top Farm's Farm's English Orpingtons good quality? Or any quality English Orpington breeders who ship eggs or chicks?

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
Has anyone purchased English Orpingtons from Hill Top Farm's? Are they good quality or standard hatchery quality? Or does anyone know of any reputable breeders or of a small hatchery that ships hatching eggs or chicks that are true English Orpingtons? I have purchased Orpingtons from a larger hatchery prior, but I'm looking for that true big fluffy beautiful English Orpington.

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased English Orpingtons from Green Fire Farm's? Are they good quality or standard hatchery quality? Or does anyone know of any reputable breeders or of a small hatchery that ships hatching eggs or chicks that are true English Orpingtons? I have purchased Orpingtons from a larger hatchery prior, but I'm looking for that true big fluffy beautiful English Orpington.
I don’t think Greenfire Farm carries English Orpingtons? I think they did in the past. If you want the big fluffy ones I know that Papa’s Poultry in California has different colors and also Carolina Rare Chicks. There are also a couple of breeders here on BYC. 😊

I don’t think Greenfire Farm carries English Orpingtons? I think they did in the past. If you want the big fluffy ones I know that Papa’s Poultry in California has different colors and also Carolina Rare Chicks. There are also a couple of breeders here on BYC. 😊
You are correct I've been looking at so many places I got confused. It was hill top farms I was thinking of. I just went back and edited it. I will also check out Papa's!

Has anyone purchased English Orpingtons from Hill Top Farm's? Are they good quality or standard hatchery quality? Or does anyone know of any reputable breeders or of a small hatchery that ships hatching eggs or chicks that are true English Orpingtons? I have purchased Orpingtons from a larger hatchery prior, but I'm looking for that true big fluffy beautiful English Orpington.
I have never heard of them.

Posting the link so everyone doesn't have to Google...

Hilltop Farms English Orpingtons

Going of the single pic they provide on their website the Mottled and Silver-laced birds are the best looking. The Lavenders don't look English. The Chocolate might be alright, but the pictures isn't very good. And the Jubilee don't look right to me.

Carolina Rare Chicks, Papa's Poultry, and Cackle Hatchery have nice birds. Anita Heatherly has beautiful birds but doesn't ship.

Anita Heatherly

I breed several varieties and have limited availability. With the current heat in Texas, shipping is out of the question.
@ColtHandorf has super nice birds. Not sure if he'll be shipping or not this year though
Thank you.
@ColtHandorf , breeds English Orpingtons.
Thank you.
Post in thread 'Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/fairy-tail-farms-english-orpingtons.1435390/post-25980728
This post is his updated catalog
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom